Xpadder and IWBTG

miguelsluma

Xpadder and IWBTG

Post by miguelsluma »

Hey there.

FIrst of all, great program! Using it in my arcade cabinet for playing games with non re-mappable controls so i can change the keyboard commands into joystick button commands.

Anyways, i was trying to get xpadder running with I wanna be the guy (free indie game: http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/ ). But it doesnt seem to load my profile when I run the game. I already tried running xpadder as an adminitrator first, but that didnt have any effect. Perhaps anyone can help or try it out (the game is free)?

thanks!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder and IWBTG

Post by Primal Fear »

For me everything works great, with this game. You have to load the profile manually, until you made an Auto Profile entry.
And admin mode should be unnecessary with this game.

miguelsluma

Post by miguelsluma »

Thankyou for giving it a try. I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but what you are saying is that I should first open the game en then manually load the profile. After that the auto profiler will work? I already made an auto profile for the game which doesnt load when launching the game from my arcade frontend (this is also why i cant load profiles manually because i am unable to use a keyboard after setting everything up on my arcade)

Ill give it another try today, not sure if I got the whole picture :)
thanks

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

miguelsluma wrote:what you are saying is that I should first open the game en then manually load the profile. After that the auto profiler will work?
No, I meant If you didn't made an Auto Profile entry, you would have to load the profile manually.

You already made this entry, so I think you made something wrong. Here a small manual.
Open the Auto Profile settings,
Click on "New...", "Open a Profile", select the profile you want to load and click on open. Now you have an entry in this list with your profile. Next you have to select the game, with it you want to load the profile.
Click on this entry, click on "Edit Watch", "Select Program" and then select of exe of IWBTG.
And now that I test it this way it doesn't work :lol:. Should be a strange peculiarity of this game.

So the other way, that I use normally every time. Start the game and close it again. Open the Xpadder Auto Profile settings. Click on "Edit Watch", "Recent Windows", "OK", Select the entry with "I wanna be the guy" as Title, and click on "Select title".
That works and should solve your problem.

miguelsluma

Post by miguelsluma »

Thanks, that seemed to have solved the problem!

Return to “Other questions”