New to Xpadder-Problems w/ MW2

haze1995

New to Xpadder-Problems w/ MW2

Post by haze1995 »

Comp info:

Alienware M11X, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 Bit OS, 4GB Ram

I have COD MW2 installed on my computer and am trying to use the "wired" X-Box 360 controller with the game. I have downloaded Xpadder and configured the controller in Xpadder. All of the buttons are recognized and then open MW2. I still have to use the keyboard controls once the game loads. What am I doing wrong? I tried running these programs as adminsistrator but it still doesnt work. Do I need to change any of the settings in the game? Someone please help me. This is driving me crazy!

Not sure if the screen shot will help but:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: New to Xpadder-Problems w/ MW2

Post by Primal Fear »

You have configured your Controller, but you didn't made a profile.
You have to make keyboard an mouse assignments first.
SGTCableDog HelpGuide, there you can see how.

Alternatively you can use this profile too, instead of making your own.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

And from your screen shot you are missing two buttons, 9 and 10. These buttons are actually the sticks, press them down for the buttons.

haze1995

Post by haze1995 »

OK I was able top add the COD 4 profile from one of the posts ont he thread. I have movement on my screen for mouse but no movement in the game.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I don't have MW2 but I know if you play on-line you must run Xpadder as administrator. First fully close Xpadder by right clicking its icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close".

Next right click the xpadder.exe application file in Explorer and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialogs and start your game.

It looks like you copied my COD4 profile, there are some MW2 profiles but I assume most commands are the same. And you are still missing the left stick button, used for sprint in the game.

And you may want to charge your battery soon. :mrgreen:

haze1995

Post by haze1995 »

SGTCableDog wrote:I don't have MW2 but I know if you play on-line you must run Xpadder as administrator. First fully close Xpadder by right clicking its icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close".

Next right click the xpadder.exe application file in Explorer and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialogs and start your game.

It looks like you copied my COD4 profile, there are some MW2 profiles but I assume most commands are the same. And you are still missing the left stick button, used for sprint in the game.

And you may want to charge your battery soon. :mrgreen:
Thanks, for the quick responses. I did get it to work for the reg game mode. I havent tried online. Have noticed some of the buttons stick every once in awhile and some dont respond. I will have to play around with the settings I guess. I have a basic understanding of how it all works now though. Thank again to all who replied. I am charging my batt now, BTW :lol:

Return to “Other questions”