Oblivion elder scrolls logitech dual pad to set up pc the sa

rbcheck58

Oblivion elder scrolls logitech dual pad to set up pc the sa

Post by rbcheck58 »

I tried changing the oblivion iniand the logitec profiler but it is still far from working

Has anyone got a profile already set up? the most frustration was the game pads would not allow mouse arrow movements
to navigate journal - the dual prurpose of square button to act as weapon in and out or to drop items from menu list along with being able to navigate the barter -buy -sell and haggle.

surly someond has set up xpaddler for this game and controller?

Thanks Ross

Trying to get the camera to work with the pad and editing the ini file is a pain.

fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020
(I had to change the last two lines:) to get the camera to work
fJoystickLookUDMult=1.000
fJoystickLookLRMult=1.000

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Oblivion elder scrolls logitech dual pad to set up pc th

Post by Primal Fear »

First, you should't have to changed anything int this .ini file. Reassemble an original Oblivion.ini, i hope you have back-upped it somewhere. I guess Oblivion only support Xbox360pad (because my Joystick wasn't supported), so these setting aren't intended for your gamepad.
And you don't need the Logitech profiler at all. You have something better, Xpadder. 8)

I already made a profile for Oblivion and my Joystick, and it worked problem free.

I interpret that your problem is, that you don't know how to use Xpadder. So look here.
But feel free to ask more questions, too. ;)

rbcheck58

Post by rbcheck58 »

The set up seems to work bett - more like the ps3 set up when you place the D pad over the left stick and the left stick on the d pad, the Hot key has a tendency to to come up on screen either way - id rather not use it of have it show up? sometimes in set up it say the left stick is a D pad? It seems that I has to assign multilple advance buttons to the funtion of the 1 or X button? I have use space, left mouse click and hold button with enter.? Has any one saved a good working profile for oblivion ans a ps3 style movement?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Edit: I have now installed Oblivion again, and see there is a really ugly gamepad support :roll:. I have an used my Xbox360 pad and the left and right trigger is used like as right stick. And the best is, it's impossible to change this. So do this http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 1630#p7067 to turn off the native gamepad support completely. This is the first step to get Oblivion to work with your gamepad, and it's pretty essential. But it doesn't declare your whole problem, so everything else I have writtenbefore is still actual. /Edit end

Which Controller do you use?
And to bring it to point, you have problems with this part at first. Sticks and or Dpad will not be detected correctly. Am I right?
If your controller layout isn't correct no one could help you only with a profile, but maybe somebody with the same controller could give you his controller layout.
The set up seems to work bett - more like the ps3 set up when you place the D pad over the left stick and the left stick on the d pad,
Where you place the functions doesn't make any difference, it's just to make it more visual for you. So if you place the the Dpad on the left stick and the other way, it makes technically no difference. But if you place it correctly it's for sure easier to use for you.
sometimes in set up it say the left stick is a D pad?
Xpadders setup can not do this. It says for example "press Stick 1 up" and you should do that. So you say Xpadder "This is stick one, vertical axis".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I interpret that you already have a controller image within Xpadder.
So go step by step through the "Creating a Controller Layout." part of the tutorial. Place every Stick, the Dpad and every button on the correct place like you have it on you controller image. Crucial is that everything is to find in Xpadder, and that you know which white square stand for which button (or stick, Dpad).
When you have saved the layout you can test if everything is correct simply by pressing the button or moving the stick, etc.. The corresponding square should turn green.

If everything is correct, you can start making your profile. All keyboard keys or mouse actions you have assigned, should show up in the game like it would if you press them on the keyboard.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

And here I made a profile you can start with. It will only work if your controller layout is correct with the sticks and the Dpad.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=Oblivion
Set1DPadMode=EightWay
Set1DPadUpSlots=1
Set1DPadRightSlots=3
Set1DPadDownSlots=5
Set1DPadLeftSlots=7
Set1DPadUpRightSlots=2
Set1DPadDownRightSlots=4
Set1DPadDownLeftSlots=6
Set1DPadUpLeftSlots=8
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,A
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=64
I have only assigned the left stick (walk and run in any direction), the right stick (look) and the and the Dpad (hotkeys). Everything else you have to assign yourself, because if you don't use an Xbox360pad it wouldn't fit if I already had assigned the keys.

Return to “Other questions”