SF IV Fight Stick (xbox360 version)

MarceloAbans

SF IV Fight Stick (xbox360 version)

Post by MarceloAbans »

I'm using this great product with nullDC and so far it's great but the only issue I seem to be having is it using the 10th button (My roundhouse kick in SF III) but if I have the settings windows open to actually define it, the button works. I'm wondering if this is a bug or some known issue..

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: SF IV Fight Stick (xbox360 version)

Post by SGTCableDog »

I believe there is an issue with this stick. Try turning off XInput support. Click the wrench in the upper right corner of the main xpadder window to open the Xpadder Settings. Under the running options is the "Use XInput (if installed)" option. Clear the check box and try again in your emulator.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

AARGHH! I just did it again!
I wrote a reply but hit the back button on the mouse and so the browser lost the post.
I went back to reply again starting with "Grr" but as I reached over to select the angry smiliey I hit back again.. let's carefully try again :evil: I did it :lol:

Ok, the original post was something like this:

Cable is right and his solution will fix the problem.

It's a bug that affects all non-traditional Xbox 360 controllers and usually creates a problem with buttons 9 and 10 and the triggers.
There is no easy way for me to fix it else I would have done it ages ago.
In fact I've been stuck for a while trying to figure out how to get around it.
I was out walking the other day and the solution just came to me!
It'll take a bit of time so it won't make v5.6 but I'll develop it a bit more and try and add it to v5.7 or as soon after as possible. It'll fix all the other XInput problems in the buglist too and improve resource usage for all Xbox 360 controllers.

So it's a problem that now has a proper solution - the disabling of XInput will work fine for now though.

kevgeez

Post by kevgeez »

I'm having this problem too...just got Xpadder 4 like an hour ago.
Wont perfectly. Then i was online and saw a link for Xpadder 5.3.....and decided to get it because it was newer.
Now of course my 9 & 10th buttons are registering as triggers, when before they were just buttons on the XInput scale.

kevgeez

Post by kevgeez »

I dont mind paying for this Xpadder program.
But when i do get the money for it, does that mean all the bugs and stuff are history?

Chr1s
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Chr1s »

It's not really fair to claim that a piece of software has zero bugs. However, many bugs have been fixed since 5.3.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

kevgeez wrote:I dont mind paying for this Xpadder program.
But when i do get the money for it, does that mean all the bugs and stuff are history?
This particular bug is more of a design quirk and I will fix it as soon as a I can. Using your stick with XInput disabled (the workaround) means the stick will work just fine. Xpadder had, has and will continue to have bugs because that is just the way that software is. However, I try my best to avoid adding bugs and fix bugs (either partially or fully) as quickly as I can. On the forum there is a great team of bug-hunters who test new versions prior to release. Xpadder will never be perfect or bug-free but while I develop it I intend to try and make it perfect and bug-free :D

Return to “Other questions”