Saitek AV8R-02

Cmdr. Jameson

Saitek AV8R-02

Post by Cmdr. Jameson »

Hi,

Recently bought a Saitek AV8R-02 (dual PC and XBOX360 flightstick), but due to weird button-mappings (assuming for XBox compatibility) I am considering XPadder for those games that will not let me remap freely.

Now the important points with this one is:
- Fire buttons are analog and appear as axis, likely emulating the xbox analog triggers. They are, however, digital buttons. Can an axis be mapped to either a controller button or a single keypress?
- It has a throttle - can this be mapped to any analog axis, or something else, like mouse-wheel?

Gladly shelling out for this if it can make my stick a bit more useful than it is at the moment! Thanks in advance.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Saitek AV8R-02

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder can not remap axis or buttons to other axis or buttons. It can assign keypresses (even complex ones) to any axis or button recognized in Windows. Therefore you can not change the axis of the throttle but you can assign it to be the mouse wheel or even a mouse direction. Xpadder even has a great feature called Distance zones that can send different keypresses based on the position of the throttle, great for making flaps work right.

Cmdr. Jameson

Re: Saitek AV8R-02

Post by Cmdr. Jameson »

Thanks,

Sounds like this might actually solve my problems!

Return to “Other questions”