problems with XPadder not selecting xbox 360 controller

hyena

problems with XPadder not selecting xbox 360 controller

Post by hyena »

Hi,

just bought xpadder for a xbox 360 controller for windows i bought and am having problems :

1. in the game controller settings i see 2 devices a virtual HID device and a controller (xbox 360 for Windows), the xbox is set as default and preferred device .. for the life of me i cannot workout how to get xpadder to recognise the xbox controller as it always automatically seems to bing to the virtual hid device - any clues how to sort this out ???

2. its super annoying evertime i launch xpadder to have to click through about 5 screens with author name etc .. is it possible to bypass all this craziness and just launch the program

ps im running windows 7 with the win 7 driver sware that came with the xbox controller

thx

ian

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: problems with XPadder not selecting xbox 360 controller

Post by Primal Fear »

1.If you click on the tool symbol on the upper right and then on "Settings", you can select under "Controllers" the order of your controllers and to hide one or more of them. If this Virtual Device is the "Xpadder Virtual Controller" you can deactivate it under "Options" by deactivating the checkbox "Connect virtual controller for testing. If it is not, just hide this virtual device.

2.I guess you have the Xpadder.exe on an write-protected device, so it cannot save the Xpadder.ini which includes Xpadders settings. So Xpadder cannot save what you have selected at these question and ask them every time again. Also every change in the settings will not be save, so this should be useful for your first problem too.

hyena

Post by hyena »

hi, thanks on the first ill try it on the second .. nope just c:\xpadder.exe on the win 7 hard drive

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

And is there a Xpadder.ini placed in the same folder like the Xpadder.exe?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The xpadder.ini file is created when Xpadder is shutdown. If you shut down Windows while there are unsaved changes to the controller layout or a profile, Xpadder will try to interrupt shutdown and prompt to save the changes. Windows will still shutdown and the .ini file will not be written to the disk. Xpadder will make the controller or profile name box yellow if there are unsaved changes.

Make sure to save your changes.

Return to “Other questions”