7 Axis controllers

Nyxnack

7 Axis controllers

Post by Nyxnack »

In an older version of xpadder I tried to setup a Thrustmaster Run and Drive gamepad ran in to trouble.
The controller has 2 Joysticks, 2 Analogue Triggers on 2 axis, and a Wheel around the Dpad for a total of 7 axis.
It seems that I must choose between using the wheel or the analogue triggers when setting up the controller.

Can the newest version support additional analogue buttons beyond the two analogue triggers?

Nyxnack

7 axis controller

Post by Nyxnack »

I tried to get my Thrustmaster Run N Drive controller working in an older version of xpadder.
It has 2 joysticks, 2 analogue triggers, and a wheel. Total of 7 axis.
Couldn't find a way to get it to detect more analogue axis without overwriting the analogue triggers.

Can the newest version of xpadder support extra analogue axis beyond the analogue triggers?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: 7 Axis controllers

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder is currently limited to two-two axis sticks and two triggers. Unlimited sticks, Dpads, buttons, and Triggers have been suggested as a future feature. Buyers of Xpadder can suggest and vote for new features.

Post by Guest »

[quote="SGTCableDog"]Xpadder is currently limited to two-two axis sticks and two triggers. Unlimited sticks, Dpads, buttons, and Triggers have been suggested as a future feature. Buyers of Xpadder can suggest and vote for new features.[/quote]

So in other words, I can't all parts of my controller with xpadder at this time.

Is this planned for the next release?

If not, can you suggest a similar program with shift states and use of 7 axis other than pinnacle?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I don't know when it might be added or of any decent alternates.

daraghfi

Post by daraghfi »

I'm a buyer of XPadder, for my Thrustmaster F430. Complete common pre-configs for flight simulators and FPS (driving simulators are natively supported) that support the 7-axis with wheel would be real nice ;) . Thanks!

iieeann

Post by iieeann »

LOL... I just got the thrustmaster RND gamepad today, 7 axis wireless. I also purchased xpadder today because I am shocked to find out that thrustmaster did not provide gamepad profiler for key mapping.

While I am having problem to setup the wheel around dpad and the 2 analog triggers, I found this thread.
The wheel and the triggers are not detected as standalone buttons/stick/slider.

Need 7 axis support in new release.

anne4christjesus

Post by anne4christjesus »

I agree. I'd love to have 7 axis support. I've bought xpadder some time ago & now have a controller like this & am handicapped to not be able to use this with xpadder. Maybe even an option to add axis as 2 buttons instead would be easier to program?

Return to “Other questions”