official unofficial call of duty mw2 profile

rossharris121

official unofficial call of duty mw2 profile

Post by rossharris121 »

i want to create a rather advance profile unlike most of the the profiles i have seen for mw2. My goal is to recreate the madcatz profile i have on my computer for a official modern warfare 2 combat controller for pc. Well turns out the software for the controller doesn't work so i turned here for help. I think i am on to something here. Well anyways the software wasn't useless i am able to view a complete profile from their software for modern warfare 2 that uses most of the default commands of the keyboard. It includeds things like percentages for the wasd keys i think and also exact timing for crouch/prone hold times and reload/use hold times. I created one on own that has some bugs in it i feel like mine was very similar to a recent poster but i think his hold times are inaccurate he just put like three hold times back to back this might work but maybe not will test in a minute. anyways for any experts please help me complete this so you or i can post it and get a good mw2 profile up for xpadders. If interested go to this link
http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=213
then dowload the sst programing software for your right op system (not the drivers or the stand alone profile)
then just open the software and in the scroll down list in the middle scroll down to call of duty gamepad. This will open up the profile i want to recreate through xpadder. To get the exact hold times etc. and multiple assignments you have to click in the box to the right of the picture of the gamepad. then a box will come up with specific details like hold times or multiple assignments.
thanks,

rossharris121

Re: official unofficial call of duty mw2 profile

Post by rossharris121 »

i have a question i am thinking of while working on this. i think the ps3 and xbox360 have a more advance move feature for the left stick then i think xpadder can emulate with the wasd keys on the keyboard. My point being can you forward at 100 percent and then right at about 10 percent at the same time? Or as soon as you push right while moving forward will you go in an exact 45 degree angle? So can you configure the depth of the wasd key press into an amount of movement rather than like a digital/binary response?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You could try a fancy assignment for the stick. Start by assigning the stick WASD, then make the stick 8-Way assignment mode.

Now you'll need to make advanced assignments for each of the corners. Click on the bottom left box to open the assignment window and then click the "Advanced..." button in the lower right corner.

Next reselect the assignment window and click on the [A] and [S] keys and close the window. Now do the same for the bottom right box using [D]+[S]. For the top left and right make the advanced assignments using [W]+[Left/Right mouse direction] accordingly.

This should closely approximate the console feel of the game. When the SlotMachine functions are implemented then it may be possible to make WASD variable speed using assignable key tap times and distance zones..

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

This is pretty much what i tried. Thanks for the help and interest. I disagree however, I think you can only use the 8 way if there are 8 seperate buttons for movement in the game. thus combining these would provide more. Since you combine 4 keys with the wasd setup to make 8 movements then they would cancel out in the 8 way. Say you wanted to move up and to the right at 22.5 degrees instead of 45 degrees. You say you could use they 8 way. well the computer when using the 8 way would see the buttons w + d and d being pushed at the same time. All the computer understand without distance zones is w + d thus leaving you with 45 degrees of movement instead of the intended 22.5 degrees.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

This is what I meant:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=Modified WASD
Set1Stick1Mode=EightWay
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set1Stick1UpRightSlots=W,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick1UpRightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1DownRightSlots=S,D
Set1Stick1DownLeftSlots=A,S
Set1Stick1UpLeftSlots=W,Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1UpLeftMouseSpeed=32
While going forward any slight left or right movement of the stick will add a proportional amount of mouse look with it. You can't do it with pure WASD because only knows these four directions and there combinations.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

that looks ok but doesn't work. I kinda found out if you are using a controller you don't want look left look right functions embeded into the movement stick(left stick) It is too complicated for real play. Try it out. I think the only way to get more control is if xpadder could find a way around the software letting you just be able to push a button like not to 100 percent. Then we would only need standard wasd each programmed with the distance zone correlating with a percentage. so like 100 percent pushed forward of w and 10 percent of a would creat a 95 degree angle etc.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

I want to consider this post closed. I found out that the things i am describing are limitation of the game. the discrete inputs are because of the game not xpadder.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

When SlotMachine is added to Xpadder it may possible to make this work using assignable keytap times for the WASD keys in different distance zones. We'll have to see.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

Hello, can someone help me create a assignment to a keyboard button that is similar to the mouse assignment where there is an analog graph that you can change. I noticed that by pushed like a or d very quickly you character moves just a little bit. I want to assign the sticks with a and d so that when i move the stick a distance of say 30 percent it somehow will make these very small movements very fast. Then if i were to push the stick about 50 percent to either side it would tap the a or d key for a little bit longer. Then obviously if the stick were pused all the way to one side it would just hold down the a or d key completely. well here is my setup for modern warfare 2 so far. Right now with free look off i have complete analog forward and backward movement with this setup and complete left and right analog movement at same time. I just need to tweak the advanced assignement for look up look left, look down, look right so they act similar to the mouse assignments.
for this setup just change free look to off and then test out moving forward and looking left or right at same time...they are both analog

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick1RightTurboRate=23
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=40
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=40

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

i think if i can make the key tap time change according to distance zones and then put turbo on i should be able to achieve something analog like for looking and movement. any ideas on how to change tap time for same assignment with different distance zones?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

rossharris121 wrote:i think if i can make the key tap time change according to distance zones and then put turbo on i should be able to achieve something analog like for looking and movement. any ideas on how to change tap time for same assignment with different distance zones?
This currently isn't possible but once "SlotMachine" is implimented I believe this will be possible.

Return to “Other questions”