LEGO HARRY POTTER, confirmed crash

CPTPRICE

LEGO HARRY POTTER, confirmed crash

Post by CPTPRICE »

Hi, ive tried to play lego harry potter with xpadder last version and you cant play at al, you can move around but at soon as you press a button the game locks up and only way out is pressing alt+f4, i am running windows 7 64 bit, the xpadder works with every game ive tried but not with this one

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: LEGO HARRY POTTER, confirmed crash

Post by Jonathan »

Anyone else experience this?

mpiela

Post by mpiela »

Yes - the same behaviour im my case. Win7, 64bit, lego harry potter years 1-4, Sony Dualshock2 pad, newest version of xpadder. I've mapped both analog sticks and buttons to the same keys (eg. U for Jump).
When I use only analog sticks - works fine. But when I push one of the buttons, then it hangs. Looks like hame receives signal both from xpadder (ie. mapped key value) and from pad - then game tries to interpret signal from pad and then it hangs.
Is it possible for xpadder to capture and mask all signals that come from pad?

More info: problems apear only with one player active. Works fine with two pads connected and two players active at the same time. But when - during game - one player was disconnected (usefull feature in lego games :-)), then the othes pushed the button and crash. What more important - when I switched to notepad, key value mapped to that button was written as like the button was still being pushed. Not a pad problem - two similar Sony PS2 pads, different keys which activate this problem.
Last edited by mpiela on 27 Dec 2012, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

By design Xpadder does not interfere with the controller signal and there is no option to change this. It shouldn't cause a crash though.
What happens if you play the game without Xpadder? Can you use the controller and what happens if you use the controller and simultaneously press a keyboard key at the same time?

mpiela

Post by mpiela »

Without xpadder - when both players are active, then pad controls are not responding at all (ie. as it should be for PS2 pad - game is designed only for xbox pads :-(). But with one player active only, when I push pad button it freezes the same way as before. Since xpadder does not capture the pad signal, it may be the pad signal thah freezes the game - not xpadder.
As I searched internet for some clues I've noticed, that this gane is known of its (too many) bugs - maybe it is one of them.
Other Lego games I've played (star wars 2 and 3, indiana jones 1 and 2) work with xpadder and these pads well.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You can only try this Dinput8.dll that I mention in this post (5th possibility), to try to block the controller input from the game.

mpiela

Post by mpiela »

It is working :-)
Thanks.

And Happy New Year :-)

Return to “Other questions”