Recomended Gamepad?

aileenlennon

Recomended Gamepad?

Post by aileenlennon »

I have been trying to fix a firstsing fs10008 gamepad i have as the analog is all messed up. this is why i bought xpadder thinking it would help...clearly not!

But anyway what gampads would people recommend for the likes of Moto GP 08 and so on? I love racing and im missing out on the bikes as i can get a good pad.

Nothen too dear maybe

any ideas?

Cheers

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Recomended Gamepad?

Post by Primal Fear »

If it has to be a controller (and not maybe a steering wheel), definitely the Xbox360. It's analogue triggers are perfect for racing games.
If you should call the wireless version too expensive, maybe the wired version something for you.

aileenlennon

Post by aileenlennon »

Thanks for the info Pri'

Im well set up with wheels and pedals and all for car racing, but im a big bike fan and keeping buying crap gamepads with crap analog! will get a 360 then

Cheers.

aileenlennon

Post by aileenlennon »

I got a 360 controller now the fitting isnt a usb one! what should i do? its the same type of fitting as the mouse and keyboard i think...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

What do want to say?

You have a wired Xbox360 Controller. But it has no USB connector (fitting?), but something else (which shouldn't be possible). :?
Also actual mice and keyboards have also USB connectors, the only (old) alternative would be PS2 and this one isn't made for controllers.

Or you have bought a wireless Xbox version, and not the PC version. But this one wouldn't have any connectors. :?:

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

maybe he bought an xbox original controller? considering some retailers still have 3rd party 1's kicking around i wouldnt doubt it. that means then he would need a conversion adapter or a usb cable, some elcticall tap, & something to cutoff the xbox connector or just return it for the proper 1

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Doesn't a wired Xbox360 controller that isn't specially for PC have a USB connector too, just no driver CD?

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

yes & yes but like i said i think he bought a xbox controller. those used a custom connector similar to how NGC & PS2 had speciall connectors

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

So you mean the first Xbox.

So the question is: Does the connector look like the one in the front of this picture?

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

its hard to find a good pic of the connector isnt it

aileenlennon

Post by aileenlennon »

all sorted, got it in "GAME" went back over and they give me one with the usb fitting. all working well plus without xpadder so... why use it...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

aileenlennon wrote:all working well plus without xpadder so... why use it...
Well, for games that don't support controllers and for applications. And for games that don't allow to configure the controller according to your wishes, if you find a way to disable the native controller support.

However, the Xbox360 controller has the best support by actual games. With a non xinput controller you would need Xpadder much more frequently.
FARTSRIDER wrote:its hard to find a good pic of the connector isnt it
Yes, but I think this one is good enough to not make my own picture, to copy it on my PC and to upload it. :D

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i have a keyboard with that connector, ngc connector, & usb but i wouldnt bother doing that either

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Just for the protocol, now I know what his problem was. :idea:
I have recently removed my 360pad from the computer, and so I saw again this small... (Wikipedia calls it) "breakaway point".
It kindly looks like PS2 connector from the outer side, so on his controller was only the end of the cable missing. :lol:

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i knew there was a breakaway cable for xbox orig. but ive never seen a usb 1

Return to “Other questions”