assign multiple options on 1 button? Rumble support on control?

odyus

assign multiple options on 1 button? Rumble support on control?

Post by odyus »

ALL THESE QUESTIONS ARE PERTAINING TO THE XBOX360 WIRELESS REMOTE WITH WIRELESS ADAPTER:

1)how do I assign one button to list multiple options?

For example,
In the game War & Blade: Warband, you can issue up to 9 commands,
well, can I get xpadder to allow me, to just hold down one button, and have all the commands pop up, from there, all I have to do, is use the right stick as a cursor to pick out which command I want to use.

2) How do I get my Xbox controller to rumble when I get attacked or injured?

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: assign multiple options on 1 button? Rumble support on control?

Post by Kloreep »

Bad news first: 2) Is not possible, I'm afraid. Games are not programmed to send input or interface with other programs like Xpadder, so there's no way for Xpadder to know what's happening to you in a game.

1) Xpadder has "set" feature which can allow you to map completely different instructions. (That's what that row of numbers in the bottom right is for: to indicate which set you're currently in, and to let you switch them manually if you need while you're testing a new layout.) What you want is the "while held" set selector, which does exactly what you want: switches you to a different set while a button is held, then immediately takes you back to the original set when you release it.

Open the assignment window for whichever button you want to hold down and click the Advanced... button, then click on Set Selector in the Advanced Assignment window. You'll get this:

Use the scrollbox to set the button to switch to a different set (let's say 2) "while held." You're done with that button, click OK and go back to the main Xpadder window. :) Now you need to set up your set. In the main window, note that row of numbers at the bottom and how #1 is lit up.

Switch to set 2 by clicking on the 2. (Or whichever set number that the button from set 1 we just assigned is now going to take you to.) Make whatever assignments you want to use while you have that button held down. And you should be good! Remember to return to Set 1, by clicking on its button in the bottom right row, before you test it out.

odyus

Post by odyus »

thanks friend. maybe in the future regarding rumble support.

I will look into the giving one button several command options. thanks.

odyus

Post by odyus »

Great.
So here is a good one. Hopefully it can be done.

I am trying to setup Bad Company 2 on PC to mimic exactly it's 360 brethren.

How do I assign the (Y button on the xbox controller) to be in charge of two functions (buttons 1 & 2 on the keyboard) *NOTE* I do not want to apply what you mentioned above Kloreep, where if I let go, it reverts back to its original function. I want to make the (Y button on 360) the switch weapons button. So if I press Y once, it switches to the pistol, if I press it again, it switches to the rifle.

How do I get this to work?

odyus

Post by odyus »

Woops.

I just found it, did not test it ingame yet. As soon as I had finished posting my question above, I opened up the Advanced option and immediately up above was a slot for a second function addon. It's amazing how I am still learning xpadder, yet the programmer, created it to where it is so easy to understand just by "visual" if you just look in the right area. Great programming indeed.

odyus

Post by odyus »

Dang it! lol. Got ahead of myself, I am in the right area "i think mostly" But....
when I test with the "test button", (Y button) brings up both buttons (1 & 2) at the same time- instead of cycling through them per press, I am fiddling around with the options available to see which would grant me "cycle" privileges.

odyus

Post by odyus »

Duh, got it.
"Add Cycle Stop" was the option

odyus

Post by odyus »

Adding a "cycle stop" seemed to work on the test run with the notepad.

When I played the game, that changed. Y would not respond when I tried to switch weapons.

In the game:
Number 1 is designated as "Pistol"
Number 2 is designated as "Rifle"

My set up:
I set the main slot (within the Y button assignment) as Number 2 "Rifle" I then added the "Cycle Stop" in the second slot

After that, to avoid confusion- in case my backup became either a pistol or rifle
I went on and added -> Number 1"Pistol" in Slot 3 and Number 2"Rifle" in Slot 4 (with no "cycle stop" in-between them) I did this, thinking, that when I switch from my main rifle to my back up weapon, whether be it pistol or rifle, I would be able to switch with no problem, since I placed Slot 3 & Slot 4 with no cycle stop in between them - the thought was, these interactions would happen smoothly at the same time naturally. Was this wrong? The logic theoretically looks sound.

Either case, I am not able to switch weapons, which honestly... sucks. lol. Some one help please?

odyus

Post by odyus »

Ok, it works fine in multiplayer (which is what I really want) but sucks ass in single player. I just set them both up without the cycle stop option. However, in single player it will not let me scroll though my weapons, whatever.

So here is a tough one I think.

I set my left stick "click" as run. On the right stick "click" as a toggled crouch.

This is where the problem lies....
If I am crouched, and have to run, I actually have to click on the crouch stick to stand up and then commence running- that is highly inefficient when you are getting shot at (having to do two clicks). "I DON'T WANT IT THAT WAY"

What I want is, if I am crouching, and I have to run, once I click on the run stick, it will automatically "over ride" my crouch stance... and get me to run.

How do I get this to work?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

This may be possible but it depends how the game handles these two commands.
Which keyboard keys are used for run and crouch?

odyus

Post by odyus »

Hey :)
Jonathan the creator of this fabulous program. An Honor my brethren. Thanks for the direct response from you.

Here they are:

L Cntrl - Crouch (Set up as toggled)
L Shift - Sprint

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Let's forget Xpadder for now.
If you use the keyboard yourself in the game do you tap Ctrl to crouch and re-tap to uncrouch or do you need to hold Ctrl all the time to crouch.
Same question for Shift and sprinting.
Also what toggle options does the game have for crouching and sprinting (if any).

I have some ideas but they are completely dependant on how the game handles the keyboard itself.

odyus

Post by odyus »

Ok,
The line of questioning in your response stirred up my intuition so I checked something out.

It turns out, the error was on me. There is a in game toggle option for crouching, I did not notice it.
My error was in activating Xpadder's toggle option without checking in game. "No wonder, when I would die while crouched, I would respawn crouched"

I disabled crouch toggle in Xpadder and enabled it in game. Tested it, now I can sprint out of a crouch and when I die crouched, I respawn standing up. Thanks man.

Again, it was your response that gave me the cue.

I have never used a keyboard in my life to play a PC game. I "literally" just started playing PC games about a month ago, the same time I bought your program.
I however, am evolving with my understanding of Xpadder that should lead to less errors in the future. (I would hope) Thanks again.

Return to “Other questions”