Hold key on 1st tap, release key on 2nd tap

sum

Hold key on 1st tap, release key on 2nd tap

Post by sum »

Hi,

sorry for my bad english. I'm trying to make XPadder do the following thing:
If the (i.e.) button "X" is pressed on the gamepad, hold the (i.e.) key "Space" on the keyboard, until the button "X" is pressed again (in this case I want XPadder to release the "Space" key).

So basically what I mean is similar to the thing with shift and caps lock. On the first tap, I want XPadder to hold a key, until I press it again, so on the second tap this key will be released by XPadder. I'm in need for this function to make XPadder work more smoothly with Mass Effect 2. In that game you bring up a "command interface" which also pauses the game by holding a button. It would be much better if I would just have to tap a button to enter the "command interface" (and in fact stay there) and to tap it again to exit the interface.

Unfortunately the thing with assigning caps lock to the gamepad (which actually worked in some games) does not work here. Also in Mass Effect 1 (!) by ini-Tweaks you could set up a button to "toogle" the "command interface" on and off (which is exactly what I want for Mass Effect 2). The command was named "ToogleHUD" or something, but I couldn't find it in Mass Effect 2.

Can XPadder help me with this one? Your Help is greatly appreciated. I love XPadder since the day we "met" :lol:

Greets, Sum

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Hold key on 1st tap, release key on 2nd tap

Post by Kloreep »

Yep, the "toggle" is what you're looking for. You can turn it on in advanced settings:

Or, faster, check the box with the icon from that screenshot in the basic assignment layout (bottom left):

sum

Re: Hold key on 1st tap, release key on 2nd tap

Post by sum »

Thanks Kloreep!

That was indeed, what I was looking for!
"toggle"... The simplest solution are often the smartest ;)

Greets, Sum

Return to “Other questions”