FlightStick

mikepogi

FlightStick

Post by mikepogi »

I have a T Flight Hotas X and just started playing pc games especially flight sims,,I noticed that there's no mapping for throttle..am I wrong? can i use any button for the throttle control like the triggers for xbox360? Need help please.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: FlightStick

Post by Primal Fear »

No, you cannot simply assign a keyboard key to use in a analogue way. But you can use the Distance Zones in the advanced assignments to press different keys depending on the axis position.

The one thing you have to think about is, "How does the throttle control of the game work with the keyboard".
I didn't played many flight sims (or kindly games) and the last one was long time ago, so the only way I can remember are the keys 1 to 9. This would work perfectly in Xpadder.

Like that,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.09.24
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=1,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,2,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,3,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,4,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,5,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,6,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,7,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,8,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,9,DISTANCE ZONE 10%,0

mikepogi

Post by mikepogi »

Thanks,will definitely follow your advice. One more thing,,do I have to keep xpaddder running in the background for it to work? I tried to use the F keys and the tab key but it won't work. Is xpadder limited only to number and letter keys?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder has to run in background all the time you want to use it, also you have to load the right profile every time.
You can let Xpadder load profiles automatically with the AutoProfile feature, if you like. Here I made a tutorial about that.

And it is possible to assign all keyboard keys (except "PrintScreen" and "Pause") and mouse button/actions.

Return to “Other questions”