World of Warcraft Character Spinning out of Control solution

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

World of Warcraft Character Spinning out of Control solution

Post by Jonathan »

I received this message today and I thought it best to reply here so the answer can help others. The message was:

"I am having trouble with my controller! I am playing World of Warcraft...my character spins out of control...goes backwards out of control...and when I try to log off it spins my mouse out of control, so that I have to physically turn off my computer to get my computer back! What is wrong"

Do not worry - this can happen sometimes. If the settings are set incorrectly then Xpadder thinks you want the mouse moving when you do not!

Here's how to fix it:

1) The first thing to do is remove your controller. If Xpadder cannot access the controller it will not emulate the mouse or keyboard. Removing the controller will completely stop all the crazy things going on!

2) Exit Xpadder completely so its icon is gone from by the clock (you may need to right-click on its icon by the clock and select Exit or Close)

3) In the same folder as the Xpadder program there will be a settings file. Its icon will look like a Notepad with a gear symbol on it. This file holds all the Xpadder settings. Delete this file so we can start again.

4) Connect your controller and run Xpadder. Go through the few dialog windows again until you're back at the main window

5) Instead of creating a new controller layout, select Open from the controller menu on the left and open the controller file you already saved from before

All the buttons should be either white or maybe red if they are thumbstick directions. Is this correct or do you have any green buttons?

Return to “Other questions”