How to assign combo and reverse axis

Houkie

How to assign combo and reverse axis

Post by Houkie »

Hi,

How can I assign A for A, and B for B, and C for A+B (pressing A+B at the same time produces C).

Also, how to inverse Y axis?

Edit: a little more detail on this:

I got a space sim (Independence war 2) that does not have the "reverse Y" option: if I push forward, the ship goes down. I want the opposite of that.

I also want to swap Z and RZ axis. and inverse both of them.

Now, I can simply switch to "keyboard" only mode, then remap all keys but then I will run out of buttons (using gamepad allow some keys to have 2 functions while keyboard-only does not), which lead to the first question: how to map A+B combo to do C?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: How to assign combo and reverse axis

Post by Jonathan »

Houkie wrote: How can I assign A for A, and B for B, and C for A+B (pressing A+B at the same time produces C).
There is no simple way to perform this function yet but it is often requested and will appear as soon as possible.
Houkie wrote: Also, how to inverse Y axis?
Xpadder cannot alter how the game sees your joystick. Xpadder only reads the joystick itself and simulates keypresses or mouse actions.

Houkie wrote: Now, I can simply switch to "keyboard" only mode, then remap all keys but then I will run out of buttons (using gamepad allow some keys to have 2 functions while keyboard-only does not), which lead to the first question: how to map A+B combo to do C?
Xpadder does have a set function which allows you to use up to 8 sets of buttons (this allows you to assign more keys than your controller has buttons)

Return to “Other questions”