Tutorial: How to create a profile

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Tutorial: How to create a profile

Post by Jonathan »

I'll do this in a few days... (today is 25th August)
Mir wrote:WHAT come on i needed this lol, come on bro :3
I KNEW I would forget :oops: :D That's why I put the date so someone would wake this topic up! I will create the tutorial right now...

This is a very basic tutorial to create a very simple profile:

To assign a group of keys or mouse actions to a stick or dpad click the Settings icon next it and select the group you want to assign

To assign a single button click the button on the image with the mouse - here we are going to assign something to the A button

Click any button in the assignment window to assign it to the button you selected - here we are assigning the left mouse button

To save your profile click the profile icon and select Save As from the profile menu

After saving the profile its name appears to the right of the profile icon - now you can use your gamepad to control the mouse!

bdogg81993

Re: Tutorial 4: How to create a profile

Post by bdogg81993 »

I am trying to make it so when I play fallout out 3 I can move diagnolly when using my controller. Fallout 3 uses wsad for movement, how can I do this?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The default mode for the sticks and Dpad is "Standard". This makes the diagonals a summation is the adjacent directions so using WASD as an example up/left equals [W]+[A]. You can change the default mode by clicking the group assignment icon, it looks like a wrench in a circle in the bottom right of the stick. You can also change the diagonal size in the stick settings window, accessed from the "Settings..." option in the group assignment menu.

dturtsenec

Post by dturtsenec »

What if it's a button you need to hold? Can you make it so you don't have to keep holding it down and just tap it normally instead?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Check the toggle box in the bottom left of the assignment window.

dturtsenec

Post by dturtsenec »

SGTCableDog wrote:Check the toggle box in the bottom left of the assignment window.
Thank you very much.

dturtsenec

Post by dturtsenec »

How do you map more than one command into the same button? Or can you?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Depends what you want. You can use the sets feature to make up to eight assignments per button. You switch between sets by clicking one of the numbered set buttons on the lower right of the main Xpadder window. Then you assign a button to select the set by right clicking the button and follow the "Select set" menu item.

You can also make advanced assignments to assign multiple key combos or tap/hold assignments. There is a "advanced..." button in the lower right of the Assignment window.

dturtsenec

Post by dturtsenec »

SGTCableDog wrote:Depends what you want. You can use the sets feature to make up to eight assignments per button. You switch between sets by clicking one of the numbered set buttons on the lower right of the main Xpadder window. Then you assign a button to select the set by right clicking the button and follow the "Select set" menu item.

You can also make advanced assignments to assign multiple key combos or tap/hold assignments. There is a "advanced..." button in the lower right of the Assignment window.
In my case, I just want to be able to control my direction when I'm running in Mass Effect 2. My left stick controls forward/back/left/right(w,s,a,d) and my right stick controls the camera. However, when I press the A button to run(mapped to spacebar), I have to let go of the right stick and can therefore no longer control what direction I'm running in.

dturtsenec

Post by dturtsenec »

Nevermind, I realized you can't turn in mass effect when you're running straight ahead anyway.

I do have another question though, it seems in Xpadder you can only assign 4 commands to the D pad on the controller. In "Batman: Arkham Asylum", thay have it set up so you can use all 6 directions from the D pad to control all 6 gadgets. Is it doable?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Yes you can do that. Click on the little wrench on the lower right hand side of the d-pad assignment. Then click on 8-way.

dturtsenec

Post by dturtsenec »

mnl1121 wrote:Yes you can do that. Click on the little wrench on the lower right hand side of the d-pad assignment. Then click on 8-way.
Thank you.

franz69
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Tutorial: How to create a profile

Post by franz69 »

cosa vuole dire (ABC) :?: What it means (ABC) :?:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

This is the label box. If you label your assignments then you can see the label in the main Xpadder window.

franz69
Xpadder Xpert

Post by franz69 »

GRAZIE MA Cosa Servono le etichette:?: Cè una guida per spiegare:?:Thanks, but what are the labels:?: CE guidance to explain :?:

franz69
Xpadder Xpert

Post by franz69 »

franz69 wrote:GRAZIE MA Cosa Servono le etichette:?: Cè una guida per spiegare:?:Thanks, but what are the labels:?: CE guidance to explain :?:
:?: :?: :?: :?:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Add labels to your assignments at the bottom of the Assignment window.

franz69
Xpadder Xpert

Post by franz69 »

SGTCableDog wrote:Add labels to your assignments at the bottom of the Assignment window.

ma a cosa serve assegnare le eticchette mi spiagate per favore non capisco grazie. but what is assigning eticchette beach please do not understand me thanks.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Sorry, Xpadder uses Names not Labels. :oops: Mi dispiace, che Xpadder Usa nomi non etichette.
When a profile is created or opened the buttons in the layout will show the key or mouse action assigned to that button.

To view the names of the assignments click the Names button in the bottom left of the window. This will show any assignment names in the buttons in the layout or an empty button if the assignment has no name.

The assignment name can be altered by clicking the button in the layout picture to open the Assignments window. Detailed help is available in the Assignments window.
Quando un profilo viene creato o aperto i pulsanti nel layout mostrerà l'azione mouse o chiave assegnata al pulsante.

Per visualizzare i nomi delle assegnazioni, fare clic sul pulsante nomi nella parte inferiore sinistra della finestra. Questo mostrerà tutti i nomi di assegnazione nei pulsanti nel layout o un pulsante vuoto se l'assegnazione è senza nome.

Il nome di assegnazione può essere modificato facendo clic sul pulsante nell'immagine layout per aprire la finestra di assegnazioni. Guida dettagliata è disponibile nella finestra di assegnazioni.

BrianHeldEsq

Post by BrianHeldEsq »

Is there a way to download cod4 profile.
I just got xpadder and feel overwhelmed.
Is there an easy way to get this up and running.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You first need to create a controller layout so Xpadder looks like this-

Next go to the profile forum to find a COD4 profile. Click the "select all" link at the top of the code section containing the profile then ctrl-c to copy to the clip board. Then you can paste it into Xpadder under the profile menu (the one on the right).

Make sure to save it with the same menu.

BrianHeldEsq

Post by BrianHeldEsq »

Thank you. You are awesome.

eeehydroeee

Post by eeehydroeee »

my BF2 player movement via the left thumb stick is stuttery whilst moving on diagonals and strafing. i played the game without the controller (using keyboard/mouse only) and it is smooth and fluent. i had some issues with the right thumbstick which got sorted for me very quickly(thankyou Jonathan), but i notice the settings for the left stick are minimal and i have played around with the different options and have had no luck in fixing the stuttered movement.
could it be some sort of hardware issue or is there a simple fix for this ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you have the turbo activated for the left and right stick direction? You can see that on the pink bar on the upper end of the buttons for these directions.

eeehydroeee

Post by eeehydroeee »

i am still a noob at the settings, but i worked out what my problem was and it took some time to find it. the jerky movement was actually coming from the right thumb stick when slow looking around whilst moving. i found that when i moved the mouse cursor very slowly on the pc screen on a diagonal the cursor was jerky but got smoother the more i moved the thumb stick. in the end it was a fairly simple fix and the game play is now normal and everything is smooth when looking and moving around. my fix for me is as follows -:
XPADDER(stick 2 mouse settings screen)- set the mode to "LOOK", set the emulation to max on both sliders.
PC - set mouse sensitivity to bit over 90%
BF2 (game settings) -set the mouse sensitivity to 0.33, yaw factor to 0.96, pitch factor to 0.83 and uncheck the mouse acceleration.

this now works for me perfectly and i have to say that the purchase of Xpadder is the best investment i have made for my pc.

eeehydroeee

Post by eeehydroeee »

to Primal Fear

i checked all that and all those settings were off. i was doin my head in thinking it had to be a hardware issue but as from my post on the fix it fairly easy in the end.
Xpadder is very in depth as to what you can do and setup a controller to your own likes. just finding my way i suppose.

thankyou very much for your suggestion though. its great that forums can offer help very quickly.

Return to “Other questions”