WASD sensitivity, can I adjust it?

ncostello17

WASD sensitivity, can I adjust it?

Post by ncostello17 »

May be a stupid question, but when playing black ops using the keyboard and I barely "feather" the "A" key, my character would just slightly move left. But after setting up my ps3 controller and purchasing xpadder, I've followed instructions, and it works okay, but when I barely feather left on the analog stick (which is assigned to "A") my character moves a full step to a step and a half. i can't seem to move in any smaller of an incrament. Is it possible that there is a sensitivity control for this? Also I've read a bit about the crouch/prone situation. Could U please provide a screenshot or step by step directions to make holding circle=control, and tapping circle=c key. Thank you very much. You guys are great.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: WASD sensitivity, can I adjust it?

Post by Primal Fear »

ncostello17 wrote:...when playing black ops using the keyboard and I barely "feather" the "A" key, my character would just slightly move left.
Is this how you would like to have it work, or do you mean that it really works like that?
I mean this is impossible, a keyboard can only send on or off (digital) for a specific key. So analog input over a keyboard cannot work.

However, it is principally possible to make a kindly analog input with Xpadder. For that the game must give the possibility the alter the movement speed in the style of hold for example "Shift" to walk.
The advanced assignment for that would have to look like this:
  • Shift W; Distance Zone 40%; W
If you push the stick to under 40%, then your character would walk. And if you push it over 40% he would run.
Could U please provide a screenshot or step by step directions to make holding circle=control, and tapping circle=c key. Thank you very much. You guys are great.
A Tap and Hold Assignment for this would look like that:
  • Release Zone 0.01; C; Release Zone 0.30; Hold Zone 0.30; CTRL
To open the Advanced Assignment window, click in the Assignment window on the button "Advanced...".

Here is a profile as an example for these two assignments. The Distance Zone assignments are on the Stick 1 and Tap and Hold on DPad up.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2010.11.11
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1DPadUpSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Left Control
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Left Shift,W,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Left Shift,D,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Left Shift,S,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Left Shift,A,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,A
Simply click on select all and copy the content of the code box to your clipboard. Then click in Xpadder on the profile button and then on "Paste..."

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: WASD sensitivity, can I adjust it?

Post by Kloreep »

As Primal Fear says, the keyboard can't possibly send an analog signal.

I would imagine one issue may be that the stick is simply being TOO precise - that you tend to play pushing the stick far enough out that by the time it's re-entered the deadzone (a circular area in the center where Xpadder won't pay attention to what it's doing), Xpadder has held the movement key down for too long. If you increase the size of the deadzone, that might help. To do this, left-click the wrench icon beside the analog stick, and move the DeadZone slider to the right toward "Less Responsive." Xpadder will show a graphical representation of the deadzone's size on the left.

Return to “Other questions”