"sticky keystroke"

live2bet

"sticky keystroke"

Post by live2bet »

Hi,
I'm using Xpadder to map keystroke (just regular key like a,s, d, f) for my Rumblepad 2 and have some problems and would appreciate some help please.

Ocasionally, when i press certain button/d-pad or even stick, the action repeats itself and would have to randomly press another button to stop it from repeating the action.

I hope you are understanding me. :(

I've tried using Logitech F310 and well as X-box 360 controller but have the same issue.

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate x64 if that matters.

Thx in advance.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: "sticky keystroke"

Post by Jonathan »

Try testing the Xpadder keypress simulations in Notepad. Do the keys stick there or is it only in the game you are playing?

live2bet

Post by live2bet »

Thx for the reply Jonathan.

Didn't try that yet.
But i did at a "Add Hold Zone" in Advance Assignment on the buttons after the keystroke and things "seem" ok for now.
Or should i add "Add Pause" instead. Here is where i read http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... peat#p9056.

Appreciate your help Jonathan.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

live2bet wrote:But i did at a "Add Hold Zone" in Advance Assignment on the buttons after the keystroke and things "seem" ok for now.
Or should i add "Add Pause" instead.
I doesn't make a real difference.
The Hold Zone says "Hold the assigned key until this time is reached, while holding the gamepad button".
If you release the button before, the assignment will also stop before.
With the Pause the assignment will be executed completely even if you release the button before it is on the end. Since it's unlikely that you hold the button for less than 0.10 seconds, the key should be pressed with every way for 0.10 seconds.

But I see a problem with this, if you have to hold a key in the game it is simply impossible.

Jonathan wrote: Try testing the Xpadder keypress simulations in Notepad. Do the keys stick there or is it only in the game you are playing?
In addition: You can see in the Xpadder main window if a gamepad button is pressed. If it happens that a square stays green after releasing the button, Xpadder should definitely get wrong input from your gamepad or it's driver.

live2bet

Post by live2bet »

Hi Primal Fear,
I'm not quite understand you (i'm a complete noob).

Anyway, my purpose of Xpadder is not to play any game but more for online poker (multitabling).

Here is the scenario,
I assign "A" to fold, "B" to bet, "C" to check and so on.....
So instead of using my keyboard, i use a Rumblepad controller to execute the action of betting, folding,.......
Problem was, sometime when i fold on one table (bear in mind i'm playing like 24 tables at the same time), the action repeats itself on all following tables.
Would you reccomend using "Add Hold Zone" or "Add Pause"?

Hope you are understanding me.

Thx in advance.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Hi Live2bet,
Did you try the Pause ?
And I think you should use Notepad like Jonathan said, to see if it’s working properly,
To open Notepad just click on “Test” under “Advanced Assignments”.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

live2bet wrote:Would you reccomend using "Add Hold Zone" or "Add Pause"?
If you currently have a Hold Zone with "0-10" in it, then leave it like that. There is no real difference, for you both will work equally well.
live2bet wrote:Problem was, sometime when i fold on one table (bear in mind i'm playing like 24 tables at the same time), the action repeats itself on all following tables.
Really annoying. So this only happens for fold, or was this just an example?
Reboot wrote:And I think you should use Notepad like Jonathan said, to see if it’s working properly,
I don't see this different, but occasionally says to me that it could be possible that this isn't reproducible in a reasonable time.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

I also noticed the “sometimes” and “Occasionally” and the fact that it is Poker, and that’s probably online
(For money)

so the best way to test this is not playing Poker, it’s by using Notepad.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Absolutely, but I have doubts that he still want to test it. I mean, if that with the Hold Zone works.
If this now still happens, then it should be a problem of the poker software.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Primal Fear wrote:I mean, if that with the Hold Zone works.
I must have missed something; I thought he was still having problems.

live2bet

Post by live2bet »

Thanks everyone for the advice.

It "seems" to be ok for now :| .

When i'm playing, table requires my action will automatically pops up and the rest of the tables will be in queue until i act on first table.

I tried the "Add Pause" on notepad and when i depress the key (eg A), i get AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA until i release it, but when i try "Add Hold Zone" i get just A, didn't matter how long i hold the key.

And to Primal Fear question, it happens on other keys as well.

I just curious what is the different between "Add Pause" and "Add Hold Zone".

Thanks ya for taking time to help. :D

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

live2bet wrote: I tried the "Add Pause" on notepad and when i depress the key (eg A), i get AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA until i release it
I have tested this, and figured out that this happens only if you select 0.00 seconds as time for this pause. If you choose at least 0.01 seconds everything works well.

The possibility to select 0.00 seconds for the Pause is relatively new, so this is kindly a small bug.

Return to “Other questions”