L2 button sticking on Ps3 controller

bigdaddyavery93

L2 button sticking on Ps3 controller

Post by bigdaddyavery93 »

I just recently bought xpadder and it is working just fine. The only problem i seem to have is that the L2 button is sticking. The control itself is not broken and works perfectly on the console. Would anyone know what the problem is?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: L2 button sticking on Ps3 controller

Post by Primal Fear »

Maybe a driver problem.
Open the Windows Controller Control Panel by clicking in the Xpadder main window on the controller tab of the currently selected controller and then on the button "Control Panel". Then double click there on the entry for the PS3 controller.
Is the button also pressed in this window?

bigdaddyavery93

Are you talking about the section with direct input or thesection with the test tab?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I mean the window opens when you double click here
on the entry of your PS3 pad.

This window is called "Properties of...". "..." should be something like "PlayStation3 Controller".

bigdaddyavery93

If I'm in the right window as far as I can tell no but when I press down the L2 button the x rotation goes down and when I press R2 it goes up

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

bigdaddyavery93 wrote:If I'm in the right window as far as I can tell no but when I press down the L2 button the x rotation goes down and when I press R2 it goes up
It would appear that the driver is sharing the same axis for the left and right triggers which is the default condition with DirectInput. Since you are using a PS3 controller you may be able to change the configuration of the driver. Which driver are you using?

bigdaddyavery93

Bear with me here but how do I figure out the driver?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Since there is no official windows driver available for PS3pad, you must have been downloaded it somewhere.
Or do you have simply connected the controller to your PC and Windows has installed the driver automatically? That would be new.

What I would like to know:
If you open the Xpadder Controller Properties (left click on the controller tab of your PS3 pad while already selected), what does change there when you press L12 and then R12? Does only "Axis Rx" move, or does also part of the "Button" bar getting green.

Edit: Of course I have meant L2 and R2.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 29 Jan 2011, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddyavery93

I used DS3 tool to download the drivers
and the L2 button is always green. When I press R2 it turns green and L2 turns off but when I let go R2 goes back to staying green

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I think this is the first time I've heard of the triggers having a dead zone problem. Click on the wrench icon near the right trigger in the main Xpadder window to open the trigger settings.

Adjust the DeadZone slider so it is just past the marker in the Status bar.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I don't think that it is a Dead Zone problem. My guess would be more, that the left L2 (left trigger) has 100% and moves back when either itself or R2 will be pressed.
If my guess is the case: Are L2 and R2 really analog, or are they just normal buttons?

Edit: Well, no it doesn't work like that. In that case Xpadder wouldn't have been detected the triggers correctly.
So it should be the DeadZone.

Return to “Other questions”