How do I program/profile my Logitech F310 gamepad?

The_WeepingDemon

How do I program/profile my Logitech F310 gamepad?

Post by The_WeepingDemon »

Dear Jonathan and Xpadder, I need some assistance optimizing my new Logitech F310 gamepad. I have two old PC games that I want the gamepad to play: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Half Life 2 The Orange Box.
I have tried the built-in profiler from Steam, but it did not seem to work completely. I then downloaded the paid version of Xpadder. It worked MUCH better than Steam-profiler, but my configurations are not 100%. -They are more in the 60% range-
I would love it If anyone can help or walk me through this step by step. I am a computer novice; the Logitech F310 is not exactly plug & play. Please help. :?:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How do I program/profile my Logitech F310 gamepad?

Post by SGTCableDog »

First create a controller layout if you haven't already.

Next you can copy/paste a profile for MW2 here. There are instruction on how to copy/paste farther down in the replies.

If you need more specific help please feel free to post back.

The_WeepingDemon

Dear SGT CableDog, I really need some help. -just like everyone else here- Okay, I have managed to successfully use my Logitech F310 with Xpadder to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and it is awesome. I still have two problems though.

1. During CODMW2 game-play, when I turn left or right and when I look up or down, it seems a little slow. Can I adjust the settings in some way so that the in-game movement is faster? And how is this done?

2. When I 'save' my Xpadder Controller Profile the buttons & triggers settings get saved, but I lose all the programed mouse settings. So I have to recreate the controller profile each time I want to play. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I saw a NotePad attachment in your reply with a CODMW2 profile pre-made. I don't know how to copy & paste that into my controller. That seems pretty advanced, but I will try to figure it out.
I will search the Xpadder fourms for the right information. So not to embarrass myself by asking a question already answered.
Thanks for your help. I will return to respond with my success story or my system crash story.

The_WeepingDemon

Dear SGT CableDog, Thanks for your assistance. I followed your links and found the correct controller image -Logitech Gamepad F310- And I learned how to correctly save my controller profile in your tutorial. I wasn't saving my keyboard & mouse settings. Turns out that I was only saving the bit where I configure & enable the gamepad.

I still can't figure out how to adjust my speed settings. And I still don't understand how to drag & drop or cut & paste someone elses controller profile into mine. If you could point me in the right direction, I would love some more help. Thanks again.
Last edited by The_WeepingDemon on 02 Feb 2011, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.

The_WeepingDemon

Hi again, Okay I have figured out how to adjust my 'Look' speed by changing my Xpadder mouse settings. So I am good there. I found your tutorials had the answers to my questions.

One thing I need help with specifically is this: I push my 'Left Bumper' or 'L1' button -the top left side trigger button- to perform the action: 'Look Down Gun Sight'. And then when I push L1 again I return to normal 1st person view. Can I use Xpadder to configure my controller so that I 'Look Down Gun Sight' ONLY if I am holding down the L1 button down? I do not want to push the button again to return to normal view? -The right mouse button is the source button for L1, if that is relevant to the solution.

Also, I still want to learn how to import, drag & drop, or cut & paste a pre-made controller profile. I would like to try some of the other suggested gamepad configurations, and find which one works best for me. So, any walk-through or tips are welcomed.
Thanks

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

The_WeepingDemon wrote:One thing I need help with specifically is this: I push my 'Left Bumper' or 'L1' button -the top left side trigger button- to perform the action: 'Look Down Gun Sight'. And then when I push L1 again I return to normal 1st person view. Can I use Xpadder to configure my controller so that I 'Look Down Gun Sight' ONLY if I am holding down the L1 button down? I do not want to push the button again to return to normal view? -The right mouse button is the source button for L1, if that is relevant to the solution.
So, if you were actually using the mouse, you'd tap Right Mouse Button to look down the sight, and then tap it again to release, right?

You can get the behavior you want with hold & release zones (in the Advanced assignment editor). For instance, like this:
[Right Mouse Button] [Hold Zone] [Release Zone] [Right Mouse Button]
Set both the hold zone and release zone to 0.01 seconds, and you should have the input you need: Xpadder will tap Right Mouse Button when you begin holding down the button, then tap it again when you release it.
The_WeepingDemon wrote:Also, I still want to learn how to import, drag & drop, or cut & paste a pre-made controller profile. I would like to try some of the other suggested gamepad configurations, and find which one works best for me. So, any walk-through or tips are welcomed.Thanks
If the person who made the profile followed directions, the actual profile should be in a [ code ] box that will have a "Select All" option at the top. Click "Select All" and it will highlight the profile text for you. Then just hit CTRL+C to copy it like you would any text, and in Xpadder, click the icon to the left of the profile name box and choose Paste.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The_WeepingDemon wrote:Also, I still want to learn how to import, drag & drop, or cut & paste a pre-made controller profile.
First click on the "Select all" link at the top of text box then right click on the highlighted text and choose "Copy". The in the main Xpadder window click on the profile (it is to the right of the controller name) and choose "Paste".

The_WeepingDemon wrote:Can I use Xpadder to configure my controller so that I 'Look Down Gun Sight' ONLY if I am holding down the L1 button down?
It looks like it should work like that. I don't have the game to try it. The lift trigger is assigned to select set 2 while held. The notes says:
1. Go to Controls/Actions and adjust right mouse setting from (Aim Down the Sight) to (Hold Aim Down the Sight).

The_WeepingDemon

Dear SGT CableDog and Kloreep, Thanks for getting back to me. I've been configuring this controller for like two days now. I am almost there...so close. I would be no where without your help and guidance in this process, so, thank you both.

I am going to attempt the advanced techniques you explained above. I will respond back again with my results. This seems advanced for me. I am not a computer programmer or a master of MUDD games. Thanks for all your help.

I have Half Life 2 The Orange Box also on my PC, but I'm told it is a mouse/keyboard game by design and not to bother playing it with a gamepad. But if you know of a custom-made Half Life 2 Profile, I would be interested.

The_WeepingDemon

HEY! Okay, I successfully completed all of my Xpadder vs Logitech F310 gamepad configuring. I was able to follow your instructions, and I now have my own personal profile set-up for CODMW2; as well as a pre-made profile provided from one of the Xpadder links. -I pasted Bonecrusher52's CODMW2 profile from the link you provided- I will let you know which gamepad configuration version I like best. I also downloaded a picture of my F310 gamepad into my documents from the Xpadder website.
Now, to play the game.
Thanks for all of your help. Thanks to SGT CableDog and Kloreep. This has been a fun learning experience. I will spread the good word about Xpadder. Thanks again.

PS what the heck does 'smooth mouse' mean?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The_WeepingDemon wrote:PS what the heck does 'smooth mouse' mean?
:?:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I guess this topic@TomsHardware says everything.

But there is no such option in Xpadder.

The_WeepingDemon

Okay, thanks Primal Fear. That link is very helpful.
I have been coasting along great in CODMW2 using Xpadder to configure my F310 gamepad. Xapadder is working GREAT!
I have a new Question though and I'm not sure if I need to open a new post or continue in this thread?...
My question is: While playing Half Life 2 -using Xpadder & a F310 gamepad- Looking Left & Looking Right goes way too fast. I am fine when I look up & down, but looking left & right goes super fast and I can't target an enemy. How do I fix my axes speed control. I fooled with the Xpadder advanced mouse settings. No matter how high or low I set the axes speed the in-game speed was unchanged. What is the solution?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you click on the tool-symbol near the stick with the assignments for the mouse movement and then on "mouse settings", you can change the mouse emulation speed.
Move the upper slider to the left to get slower mouse movement.

The_WeepingDemon

I believe I tried just that, but when I played the game there was no change to my fast left/right movements. Your post sounds like it should be the fix though. I will follow your posted solution and get back to you. Thanks.

The_WeepingDemon

Okay, I hit a snag while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I have assigned all the buttons on my gamepad and I need just one more Keyboard command added. Can Xpadder make a single button perform two separate commands? I need to add the number '5' as a command in the game but all my F310 buttons are already assigned. Please help.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Easiest possibility here would be Tap and Hold.

Click in the Assignment window on the buttom "Advanced" to open the Advanced Assignment window.
Place here, Release Zone 0.01s, "keypress A",Release Zone 0.30s, Hold Zone 0.30s, "keypress B"

With this assignment "keypress A" will be pressed if you release the button before 0.30 seconds. If you hold it longer then 0.30 second, "keypress B" will be performed.

The_WeepingDemon

Okay, Thanks Primal Fear. I'm not a computer programer, and Xpadder is pretty advanced for me, but I think I understand what you are asking me to try.
I can can also be more specific about what it is that I am trying to task:
I am playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for PC. On the PC version the number '4' on the keyboard is for using Claymore Mines. And the number '5' on the keyboard is for using a Predator Drone. So...
number 4 = claymore mines
number 5 = predator drone
Okay, so I followed your posted instructions. Here is what I did...
I opened my Xpadder controler and mouse clicked on the button that I have assigned the number '4' on. -which brought up the Xpadder on-screen keyboard- From there I clicked 'Advanced' button which brought up the advanced assignment window. I then pressed 'Add Release Zone' and adjusted the time to be .01, then I pressed the number '4' on my actual keyboard. Next I pressed 'Add Release Zone', then I pressed 'Hold Release Zone', then I adjusted the time to .30, I then pressed the number '5' on my actual keyboard.
I will try this out and see if it works. Maybe you can tell from my post if I set things up correct or not. I'll get back to you. I am open to your suggestions and thanks for your help.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have to specify the time before placing the corresponding zone, and not the other way.To change the time of a already existing zone, select it before by clicking on it.

At the end you should have the "4" between the Release Zones (0-01 and 0-30) and the "5" after the Hold Zone (0-30).

The_WeepingDemon

I have to admit I do not understand how to do this. What ever I did was wrong. The button does not work at all the way I did it. I will try again.
So, are you saying like this:

Add Release Zone .01 4 Add Release Zone .30 Add Hold Zone .30 5 ???

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

The_WeepingDemon wrote:Add Release Zone .01 4 Add Release Zone .30 Add Hold Zone .30 5
Looks right to me.

The_WeepingDemon

Hey, hi kloreep. YES! Thank you PrimalFear, That did the trick. I now use my 'Back' button to both equip claymore mines AND call-up the Predator Drone. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the assistance. I think I am set.

PS I haven't tried to tweek the left/right look speed on Half Life 2 The Orange Box yet. I am having too much fun with CoDMW2.

Thanks again

dschmidt48

Post by dschmidt48 »

Final Fantasy 14 any have the profile for that I bought i F310 logitech and i am clueless total newbie only ever played one game and it was everquest without a controller help want game to play easier with controller

Return to “Other questions”