First Person Shooter Motion

yu42hit

First Person Shooter Motion

Post by yu42hit »

Hi i would like help on how when you turn in(left right, up down) in FPS games and how when i do it in xpadder, its all jagged. i kinda want it to be like on black ops. :?:

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: First Person Shooter Motion

Post by Jonathan »

By jagged do you mean it stops, starts and accelerates in a seemingly random way or does it just move too fast/slow?

yu42hit

Post by yu42hit »

what i mean its not really like black ops motion and i want it too be smooth slow to fast not too much of everything.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I know what you mean, in the first part there is almost nothing and then the cursor suddenly moves fast away (To your information I have used joystick and mouse and a few days ago I have purchased a second joystick to try out playing with two joystick, so I had not much to do with Xpadders mouse emulation before last days).
Saiteks ST Software can do this better (at least one thing :shifty:).

Jonathan, could you alter the mouse emulation curve without much effort, so we could try out some other kinds of curves?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, after one not that long hour of sleep that Night I woke up with a solution :?.

Leave the Xpadder Mouse emulation speed on 32 (standard), and change the mouse sensitivity in the game instead. So there is a more decent curve and the game cares for the speed. That also explains for me why I didn't had problems like this in the first game I have tested, it already had a very high mouse sensitivity reconfigured, so I have configured Xpadders Mouse Emulation Speed pretty low.

It may be possible that I have kindly read this somewhere here in the forum, in the style of "Ever change the mouse speed in the game and not in Xpadder" (without a further declaration why, I guess). So thanks to the original author, if there is one. :lol:

In every way, this curve is garbage if you increase the mouse emulation speed drastically. I guess this is something that should be taken into account for the mouse mode redesign. :?:

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

A new mouse speed system has been requested for a long time - it will definitely be added at some point in the future.

yu42hit

Post by yu42hit »

k thanks

Return to “Other questions”