need some help

shamilton_1231

need some help

Post by shamilton_1231 »

my wife erased Xpadder from the computer ,now after i reinstalled it i cant do anything with it. i can bring up the Xpadder window and that is it. in the upper left hand coner their is a magnifying glass
sreraching for the last couple of hours now and nothing has change.need some help

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: need some help

Post by Primal Fear »

This symbol means that Xpadder has not detected any controllers.

Click on it to open the Windows Game Controller Control Panel, in this list should be no controller to see.
This means that either your controller is...
  • not connected,
    or not working (turned off if wireless or defective)
    or that there are no drivers installed for it (alternatively deactivated in the Windows Hardware Manger)
If it has to the last possibility try to reconnect your controller. If that doesn't work open the Device Manager
In the Device Manager should be an entry that is marked with a red cross, if it is from your controller you have to reactivate it.

brendendietterich

Re: need some help-PLEASE!!!

Post by brendendietterich »

I am getting very frustrated. I bought a Frisby controller online and it said works w windows 7 so mi plugged it in and it recognised it but couldn't get it to work. So now I purchased xpadder and did exactly what it said to do to configure controller. The prob is I played all my games and it doesnt work at all. I've tried Half kife 2 w all bonuses, portal, team fortress2, borderlands, a.v.a, etc. and NOTHING! I couldn't find the exact controlloer image so i tried a couple that look like the controller. ps2, and a logiteck. Can someone please help me? Im no computer wiz.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The official website of Frisby says only:
Frisby wrote:Compatible with any PC or Laptop with Windows 98/ME/XP/VISTA
So it doesn't officially work with Windows7.
However if Xpadder detects the controller it is working. Click on the tab of the controller to open it's properties, what stands under "Name" and under "Xbox360 compatible"?
brendendietterich wrote:I couldn't find the exact controlloer image so i tried a couple that look like the controller. ps2, and a logiteck.
The controller image isn't that important, you can use any image. It's only function is to make Xpadder more visual for you/the user.

natshields

Post by natshields »

HI, My PC sees the controllers (PS3 duel & Gamepad 710) but Xpadder does'nt. Downloaded drivers for gamepad , still same. have pics of both controllers saved & even applied some commands. when asked to test after applying command nothing happens. also unable to generate any buttons. Ive been trying for 3 days now and about at wits end. What should I be doing.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Try starting Xpadder as Administrator by right clicking on Xpadder and Run As...and see if it would see your device.

natshields

Post by natshields »

Yes I am running as admin, I got xpadder to recognize the PS3 controller. I assigned commands but am un sucessfull in getting it to wotk in a game. The setting ( x,y,axis etc) I have no idea of and the settiings I am unfamiliar with also. Im hoping its a minor thing getting very frustrated after 3 days at this. HELP

Return to “Other questions”