New to Xpadder, problem with Crysis.

redfive3

New to Xpadder, problem with Crysis.

Post by redfive3 »

As a disabled gamer, i need to be able to cutomize the controls to get the most out of games. This is a big problem with consoles, but i get by. So i built a gaming PC a month ago assuming you could fully customize everything control wise. Well yeah, you can fully customize the keyboard and mouse, but you can't do squat with a gamepad. I can do alright with the K/b and mouse, but i still prefer a gamepad. The first games i bought for my PC are Crysis and the Jedi knight collection off Steam. I never played Dark Forces before, so i had to get it...... and it rocks.

Anyways, after my disappointment that i couldn't remap the buttons in Crysis for my gamepad, i looked for a solution. I found it, Xpadder! The first game i used it on was Dark Forces, and it works perfecty with only a little fine tuning. I am mowing down Storm Stroopers with ease.

Then i used set 2 to configure my gamepad for Crysis. I have a hard time reaching the triggers, so i set the RT(fire) to the A button. That works fine, but some of the other buttons are still using the default Crysis gamepad controls. how do i fix this, and is this going to be a problem with all newer games? I am using the Logitech F710 gsmepad if that matters.

Thanks.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Re: New to Xpadder, problem with Crysis.

Post by FARSTRIDER »

from what i see that controller supports xinput which is why the controller's configuration is that of the games defaults. here is a solution from 2 months ago that should work
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... lit=crysis

redfive3

Post by redfive3 »

Yeah, that doesn't work. Another question. I cant fiugure out how to turn Xpadder off. I don't want it running all the time. Some games i just want to use the default controls in the game, but with Xpadder always on, i can't.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

In the system tray is a small Xpadder icon while Xpadder is running. To close Xpadder completely, either simply click on it with the middle mouse button or open the context menu and then left click on "Close".

redfive3 wrote:Yeah, that doesn't work.
What exactly is the problem?
Depending on their compatibility list it should work with Crysis. If you start the 64-bit version of Crysis so you will need the 64-bit version of this file.

redfive3

Post by redfive3 »

Thanks for the help. I did what that other topic said that you linked, but it didn't work. I am not a computer wiz, so i may have done something wrong. I DL that file and put it in the folder for Crysis, but it didn't help. I am not 100% sure i put it in the right place as i cant find the .exe. I bought the game from Steam, so i clicked Steam > Steamapps > common > Crysis, and put the file in there. I haven't tried the 64 bit version you linked as im not sure if i have that version of cCrysis.

Thanks again and sorry for the nOObness.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have been investigating a bit.
Crysis comes with the data of both versions (32 and 64-Bit), both are are installed and you can choose which version you want to start. What I don't know is how to do that. :roll:

The .exe files of each version are in the folders "BIN32" (32-Bit) and "BIN64" (64-Bit) that are to find in the main folder (Steam > Steamapps > common > Crysis). Since you don't know which version you run, it's the best to place both Xinput.dll's to their respective .exe files.

So to bring everything together:
32-Bit Xinput.dll into "Crysis/BIN32".
64-Bit Xinput.dll into "Crysis/BIN64".

BTW: I remembered that your controller has a switch to disable Xinput. If you look on the triggers and shoulder buttons of your controller, you'll find it in the middle. Moving it from "X"(Xinput) to "D"(Direct Input) should work too, but it brings the problem that you cannot use the triggers independently from each other anymore.
Also you have to to restart Xpadder after disabling Xinput, since Xpadder expects Xinput data from you controller after detecting it once.

redfive3

Post by redfive3 »

You know what, switching the controller to D worked. I did that before, but i didn't restart Xpadder. Everything works fine now, thanks for your help!!

Return to “Other questions”