HUGE issue with movement

kyle0112

HUGE issue with movement

Post by kyle0112 »

I'm having a problem with movement. Using WASD or Arrows, it seems to be an "all or nothing" situation. Theres no subtlety. The Game is Rift, but for all sakes and purposes- it could be any game. In the game itself, I can click and hold the right mouse button and move ever so subtley in any direction whereas using Xpadder, its only allowing me to move directly forward, left, right, and back. Does analog not work even when using the right mouse modifier? I tried binding right mouse button to a shoulder button, but it doesnt work at all to allow slight movement. It seems as if 360 degree movement is only possible in four directions.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. I'm using a PS3 controller wired to USB.

HELP! :lol:

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: HUGE issue with movement

Post by Kloreep »

kyle0112 wrote:Using WASD or Arrows, it seems to be an "all or nothing" situation.
Such is the nature of keys, I'm afraid. If you play using the WASD or Arrow keys, I'm sure you'd find the same thing with them. This is a limitation of the keyboard, and Xpadder can't change that.

I'm at a loss as to what you mean about the right mouse button, though. It's a binary input, just like a key, so I'm not sure why it would be a better movement key?

Perhaps you mean it allows you to move with the mouse and get analog input that way. If that's the case, you should be able to use Xpadder with that. Just mapping something to the right mouse button isn't enough, though; you'll also need to map one of your analog sticks to mouse movement, rather than the WASD/Arrow keys. Xpadder is oblivious to what's going on in the game, so if I'm guessing correctly, what's happening (from the game's perspective) is that you hold the Right Mouse Button, but then continue moving with the WASD keys.

SouthernGenius

Post by SouthernGenius »

I hate to "necro" this thread, but I am having a similar problem or at least a related question.

I understand the concept of mapping the right mouse button to, lets say, the R1 button. and mapping the mouse analog movement to the Right analog stick. This will allow you to move around in lots of MMOs such as WoW and others. My question is: Considering this very popular scheme by developers (especially of ONLINE games) Can't we have a simple checkbox in the right analog setup that says:

"[ ] Emulate Movement with Right Mouse Button Held"

I'm seriously considering writing a small utility myself JUST to simulate holding down the right mouse button when the analog stick is moved. Wasting such a valuable button is not acceptable to me. Plus, having to hold down R1 the entire time I am playing seems extremely useless and is SERIOUSLY giving me hand cramps. Can we get a checkbox, please?

If anyone knows of a workaround please let me know. I have tried searching the forums and came up with only this thread as a reference. Thanks for reading this and man, this program has been a lifesaver for me. My wife actually plays games with me now. She never would if it required finger gymnastics on a keyboard and mouse. So thanks for that Xpadder!!!

Keep up the great work and talk to you'se guys later!

SouthernGenius

Post by SouthernGenius »

Well I kept searching and found this link: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... tton#p7837

I will try all of these suggestions, but I think I may fall on the side of the original poster and not be happy with the erroneous clicking. I will test this out soon.

Sorry for the unneeded post. I shouldn't have given up searching so soon. lol

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The new tap time slot allows this:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=89,45
Set1Button5Toggle=1
Set1Button5Turbo=1
Set1Button5TurboRate=2
Set1Button5SetSelect=1
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1UpMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1RightMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1DownMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1LeftMouseMode=Cursor
Set2Button5Toggle=1
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
If you move the stick for the first time in any direction, Xpadder start hold the RMB. When you release it, Xpadder still holds the RMB for 10minutes. If you should need more, than you only need to add a Pause of 0.00s and a RMB for another 10 minutes as often as you want.
I don't know how your games acts when the RMB is held all the timem, but in Windows you cannot properly you the LMB anymore. So you should plan in any button for a Set Selector to interrupt this assignment. In my example I have used the left shoulder button for this.

An alternative would be this:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Pasted Profile Option1)
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=89,45
Set2StickDiagonalSizes=89,45
Set1Button9Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,UNKNOWN,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set1Button9Toggle=1
Set1Button9SetSelect=1
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Up,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down,PAUSE 0.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1UpMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Mouse Move Right,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right,Right Mouse Button (2),PAUSE 0.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1RightMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Mouse Move Down,Mouse Move Up,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Down,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down,Right Mouse Button (2),PAUSE 0.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1DownMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Left,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down,PAUSE 0.00s,Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1LeftMouseMode=Spring
Set2Button9Toggle=1
Set2Button9SetSelect=0
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick1UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1UpMouseMode=Cursor
Set2Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick1RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1RightMouseMode=Cursor
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick1DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1DownMouseMode=Cursor
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1LeftMouseMode=Cursor
It moves the cursor back to the center of the screen before holding the RMB and it also moves the cursor perfectly back to middle before releasing the RMB. So clicking inevitably on something should be impossible, except there is something to click on in the middle.

Return to “Other questions”