Mmmm where to start?

Walldorc

Mmmm where to start?

Post by Walldorc »

I have put this in this section because I have only just purchased Xpadder and am therefore a beginner.

This is essentially asking for advice on a wireless 360 controller (with wireless receiver) used almost exclusively on Final Fantasy XI.

I have used this combo before on my XP Laptop although triggers and rumble did not work as they do on my Xbox 360.
I purchased a new Laptop running windows 7 and had some trouble getting my Controller to work.

I have finally (after purchasing Xpadder) got the controller to work as my XP Laptop.

However I would really like the Controller to work on my Laptops just like it does on my Xbox 360! Is this possible?
All drivers are latest upto date Microsft drivers.

1, I can not get the triggers to be seen as buttons in Xpadder (sliders no problem). Is this possible? If not can you do this with a wired controller?
2, Can you activate the rumble in Xpadder to test it? ( I ask this because in FFXI config when I press to test rumble it does not work )

Any advice along these lines would be appreciated. ( I have done plenty of forum reading over the last week and I am still unsure of what to do next)

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mmmm where to start?

Post by Mobeeuz »

The trigger problem requires you to enable xinput in the settings under the Running category.
Rumble on the other hand has to be triggered. Xpadder has no way of knowing when to trigger rumble, it doesn't connect to the game - it connects to the controller. You have to set rumble to what button you want...
FF cannot work exactly like it does on the 360 because controller support is not native on the PC, you are emulating keypresses and mouse movements/clicks. You can on the other hand get pretty close, it just requires some tweaking.

Walldorc

Post by Walldorc »

Wow, what a good reply. Thank you very much.

I will try your suggestions later today and let you know how I get on.

Walldorc

Post by Walldorc »

Well that was fun.

Turns out I must be a bit of a dummy because Xinput was already turned on, I just had not asigned the keyboard control and Alt keys to the triggers (obvious now)
A bit dissapointing in that there was a little lag before the macro menu comes up.
Also I could not get them to operate like I am used to, sort of toggled on put then when you select a macro button that makes the macro bar dissapear.
So far I find I can only make the macro menu appear when holding down the trigger or toggled on, then hit macro button, then toggle off.

I assigned the rumble to a button and that worked but again in FFXI config it did not.

So thank you for the pointers I feel I understand a little more.

Xpadder = Great programme.

Return to “Other questions”