Shift Function

deluxejames

Shift Function

Post by deluxejames »

Basically, how it would work is when I hold down one button other controls would change! Just like the shift button on the keyboard that changes from lowercase to capital, it could change from move to d-pad! what you could use it for is On a controller that needs to one more joystick(maybe for a C=buttons in N64) or more buttons.
What I need it for (NEED) it for is for my arcade machine so I can run n64 games and still only need one joystick per player and not have to spend 120 more dollars :( .

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Shift Function

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder has a feature that does this. You can assign a button to select an alternate set while held. Then assign the alternate keystrokes to the other set.

deluxejames

Post by deluxejames »

how do i do that? I wanna make it so that when i hold one it goes to profile 2 and when i release it it goes back to one. and i want two of them so it do same thing but make it go to 3.
Last edited by deluxejames on 27 Apr 2011, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Right click the button you would like to press to make the other buttons execute alternate assignments and choose "Set Selector>Set 2>While Held".

Then choose the number two button on the bottom of the main Xpadder window, these are the set buttons. You now can make the alternate assignments in this set. Make sure set one is selected when you start your game.

Return to “Other questions”