actions on button off

luckyluca

actions on button off

Post by luckyluca »

Hello,

I've just purchased xpadder and was wondering if there is a way to map a keyboard macro to a joystick button so that it is executed as soon as the button is turned off.
The idea is that a button is always pressed and as soon as it is depressed a macro is run.
If you're wondering why, it is just that I've got a thrustmaster hotas and switches work reversed; they are treated as buttons and the buttons are on when the switch is off and viceversa :-)

Thanks
Luca

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: actions on button off

Post by Primal Fear »

You can do that with the Release Zone.

Open the Advance Assignment window.
Click on "0.01" and then on "Add Release Zone". Then simply add your sequence (macro) behind the Release Zone.

luckyluca

Post by luckyluca »

fantastic it works great! :)

fael097

Post by fael097 »

guys, i tried the release zone for the same purpose, but i dont think its working. I'm gonna use custom toggle switches, that only emits one signal, when its turned on. but i need two actions, one for ON, and one when its turned off, wich i assumed could be simulated with a release zone. is that right?

i was testing with my generic dualshock controller, but when i release a button, nothing happens.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

This is for an ON/OFF toggle switch, (using only one input).

This key is for Gear up: (shift) (G)
This key is for Gear down: (shift) (ctrl) (alt) (G)

(shift) (G) (pause) (Add Release Zone) (shift) (ctrl) (alt) (G) (pause)

Reboot. :rightthumbup:

fael097

Post by fael097 »

alright, that's what i did.
i don't have my game board here yet to test my switches, but theoretically speaking, if this works with the switches, it should work with a button press, right?
cuz atm, it's not working with any of my controllers.

am i doing something wrong?

fael097

Post by fael097 »

nevermind, it works.
I supposed it should keep the release button pressed, but i see it only presses once, after you release the button.

what brings me 2 new questions.
-is it possible to make xpadder maintain a key pressed, even when you're not pressing it?
-is it possible to make xpadder stop a key press, even when you're holding it?

thanks

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

fael097 wrote:nevermind, it works.
I supposed it should keep the release button pressed, but i see it only presses once, after you release the button.

-is it possible to make xpadder maintain a key pressed, even when you're not pressing it?
The "Toggle" function does this, you then press the assigned button once to have Xpadder hold the key down and then press the assigned button again to have Xpadder stop holding the key. However, I'm not sure if Toggle can work correctly with release zones, if you need to make sure it doesn't trigger until the button's released.
fael097 wrote:-is it possible to make xpadder stop a key press, even when you're holding it?
Not sure what you mean by that.
There isn't a command to make one assignment interfere with another, if that's what you want. I believe switching sets cuts off any assignments in the set you are leaving, however, so you might be able to set up something with that if you only need to do it once or twice in a profile.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Kloreep wrote:
fael097 wrote:nevermind, it works.

The "Toggle" function does this, you then press the assigned button once to have Xpadder hold the key down and then press the assigned button again to have Xpadder stop holding the key. However, I'm not sure if Toggle can work correctly with release zones, if you need to make sure it doesn't trigger until the button's released.
Yes, that works.
It even works with an assignment for hold (first button press) and another for release (second button press). But in that case it would be faster to configure with a Cycle Stop between the assignments.

fael097

Post by fael097 »

thanks for the answers!

and nevermind about my last question, i was looking for a complicated way to do something that can be easily done with the pause. ;)

Return to “Other questions”