Help with Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510 setup for Need for Speed World

wolfy4505

Help with Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510 setup for Need for Speed World

Post by wolfy4505 »

I am new to all this xpadder stuff, and cant figure it out, very frustrating for the $10 I had to put out and cant even get the darn thing to work! So if you can help me out step by step it would be nice. Since there hasnt been any advice from EA games on this matter. It would be much appreciated alot for anyone to help me out! Frustrated player! :?: :? :? :x

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help with Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510 setup for Need for Speed World

Post by Reboot »

Explain exactly, what you can get to work, then maybe someone here will have a better chance of helping with what, doesn’t work.

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

dont understand how to make a profile for the controller for the game Need for Speed World for this usb contoller to work. How to set it up. I am a newbee . Nfs said this is a compatible controller but when the game is loaded the controller does NOTHING ! Also i dont understand how the 1 - 8 setup for the controller means in xpadder.. u see i am very lost, NOT STUPID,,, but LOST... if you can help , plz do ... ty

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

You did it again, you said what you can’t do, but not what you can.

It’s not that easy trying to help, I could start explaining everything about Xpadder just to find you knew that already,

Tell what you can with Xpadder ? (forget about Need for Speed for now).

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

Ok i went thru the forum and found some answers on how to setup the controller, got that far and tried it in game and still nothing.. Am i missing a file link to save this too? The xpadder download was a temp file only. so where do i go from here?

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Hi Wolfy, I’ve been trying to find a link for you, (just found)

Getting started tread.
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... =705#p3214

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

There is a need for speed profile here somewhere, I’ll try to find that too.

Edit
FARSTRIDER wrote:considering it requires a mouse for part of the menu operations(& there are only 4 item keys) its not worth making a profile
Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2241

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2095

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

thxs for helping out... my settings that were made in here some work and some dont. i set the controller just like the "getting started" thread says so but in game its does the opposite ! I think it must be a glitch with the game or ??? the keyboard controls work fine in game but my hands hurt so much from playing it I thought maybe by using a Game pad may help out.... what was i thinking 8-s... Anyways -- anything that you can find would be helpful and i will keep trying, thxs for replying. wolfy

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Apart from your problem with Xpadder:
The F510 has a switch in the back behind the position where the cable goes out. It switches between Xinput and DirectInput. For "Need for Speed: World" you should switch it to X (for the newer Xinput).

Every newer Need for Speed that I know (Shift, Hot Pursuit) principally supports both, DirectInput and Xinput. But it was necessary to configure my (DirectInput only) Joystick before it worked, while my Xbox360pad (with Xinput) worked directly out of the box.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i used a xbox 360 wired natively it works fine(as long as you switch the controller like Primal mentioned). it uses the triggers for the pedals & the abxy keys for powerups & like what reboot quoated from my other post is that you still use the mouse for out of race navagation.

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

i did what ya all said and the controller refuses to work, I cant return it so I am stuck with a $40 controller now... I dont know why it wont work after I follow everything in this program and it doesnt reconize it in the game when I switch it to the X position.. well thanks for all you help peeps, it sucks that i cant get this stupid thing to work. My guess it wasnt meant to be! frustrated player without a controller.. =( happy gaming all.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Wolfy,

Question :1 Does windows recognize your controller?
Question :2 Do you have a game that you can use your controller with?
Question :3 Does Xpadder recognize your controller?
Question :4 Can you create any kind of a profile with Xpadder?
Question :5 Have you tested your profile in any way, using a text editor?

Try to fill in the questions and come back soon, (If you only look in once a day then you’ll never get it working).

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

also another quick question what os are you using because if your using say xp for example it wont have the xinput lib. unless you installed the driver package(dont know if the profiller app installer includes this needs verified) from logitech whereas if its vista/7 then you only need to plug it in

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

mmm that could explain alot, I have xp and 256 ram - oh well atleast the keyboard works with some of the games and someday I will upgrade to an Game PC .

To answer you qs: reboot, Q1: yes, Q2: blackhawk striker 2, Q3: yes Q4: I tried and still no luck with games, Q5: yes only works on Black hawk striker. Oh well i give up! The store i bought it from it willing to give me full credit back for it since its only been a few days,, In the future I will look for one that is compatible with everything, like ya all told me the xbox 360 doesnt seem to have any issues... maybe i will get that one since in the nfs game alot of plyrs are using it, instead of this one. thank you for all your advice and happy gaming all.. peace out!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have found this, should also match for the F510.
wolfy4505 wrote:like ya all told me the xbox 360 doesnt seem to have any issues...
The Xbox360pad has a different problem. The DirectInput axes are weird distinguished, so older games mostly do not detect the right stick and the triggers are look left and right. The FX10 is the only Xinput compatible gamepad that has an easy solution for this problem via this switch.
With the Xbox360pad you have to hope that you can deactivate the controller to so use Xpadder. If deactivating isn't (completely) possible it is necessary to tinker around in config files or to disconnect the controller while starting, which also doesn't bring up a solution every time and is everything else than comfortable.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Wolfy, why do you won’t to get rid of the controller?, you just said that it is working.

All I can say, “you give in too easy” :roll: what will you do if you get a real problem? (Xpadder is actually a very easy program to work with).

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

if he hasnt gotten rid of it yet id try to load the api that i mentioned 1st since unless he's never played a gfw labeled game then it probably wouldnt have been installed. if hes getting 360 controller he will still have to load this besides the actuall driver since it was never bundled into sp1, sp2, or sp3 to use 360 controller so he will still have some issues

heres a default layout for nfs world on a 360 controller

also i had found a profile that works for the F710 gamepad

http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?p=10877#p10877
Text/Images: Show

Code: Select all

;-------------------------
; Xpadder Controller File
;-------------------------

Version=5.2

[Button Locations]
Button1Location=359,85
Button2Location=389,117
Button3Location=420,87
Button4Location=389,56
Button5Location=51,32
Button6Location=425,31
Button7Location=50,2
Button8Location=428,1
Button9Location=182,52
Button10Location=281,52
Button11Location=145,189
Button12Location=323,189
DPadUpLocation=99,60
DPadRightLocation=131,92
DPadDownLocation=99,124
DPadLeftLocation=67,92
Stick1UpLocation=145,157
Stick1RightLocation=177,189
Stick1DownLocation=145,221
Stick1LeftLocation=113,189
Stick2UpLocation=323,157
Stick2RightLocation=355,189
Stick2DownLocation=323,221
Stick2LeftLocation=291,189

[Access]
DPadUpAccess=POV
DPadRightAccess=POV
DPadDownAccess=POV
DPadLeftAccess=POV
Stick1XAccess=Axis X
Stick1YAccess=Axis Y
Stick2XAccess=Axis Z
Stick2YAccess=Axis RZ

[Names]
Button1Name=Button 1
Button2Name=Button 2
Button3Name=Button 3
Button4Name=Button 4
Button5Name=Button 5
Button6Name=Button 6
Button7Name=Button 7
Button8Name=Button 8
Button9Name=Button 9
Button10Name=Button 10
Button11Name=Button 11
Button12Name=Button 12
DPadName=DPad
DPadUpName=Up
DPadRightName=Right
DPadDownName=Down
DPadLeftName=Left
Stick1Name=Stick 1
Stick2Name=Stick 2
StickUpName=Up
StickRightName=Right
StickDownName=Down
StickLeftName=Left

[Image]

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

i will try the profile for the F710 gamepad and see if this works = u say it does, so thank you all and i gave you alll your thankyou pts for helping me out. happy gaming. maybe i see ya again in this forum o-o =)

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i remembered that they listed a supported list a while back i had even posted the link for it on here: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?p=7906#p7906 guess it got buried. here is the direct link for the list http://www.needforspeed.com/post/offici ... ontrollers according to this your controller is on the list.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

found the support topic for controller support today while searching to find out what was happening with the launcher client thought it would be of better help in the future

http://help.world.needforspeed.com/app/ ... /a_id/2549

wolfy4505

Post by wolfy4505 »

ty for all your help peeps, I will proceed to find one that I am comfortable with. I will bookmark all the help pts, tht you all found for me, much apprecitated! 8-)

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

they seem to hide this pretty well. the one thing they dont have is rumble

Return to “Other questions”