Using a PS2 with Oblivion

clive

Using a PS2 with Oblivion

Post by clive »

Hi

I've gone a long way with xpadder - assigned buttons, etc., and created a profile I called "Oblivion" all for my game - all fine and good. But I just cannot get the xpadder profile to see Oblivion / and Oblivion to see xpadder. I've tried switching on and off the "Use Joystick" line in the Oblivion INI file (one bit of advice I've seen - if I deactivate joystick, the PS2 controller will NOT be seen by the game). I've use the xpadder AutoProfile section to associate the game EXE file with the profile I have created and made sure it is Activated. But I just can't get the game to use the xpadder profile I set up. I have no problem using xpadder as software - a really neat bit of kit! But just can't make this last leap.

I can use the PS2 controller in the Oblivion game away from xpadder, no problem. In-game, I can assign buttons to actions and it works fine. But obviously I can't use some of my modded special keys which is frustrating. So this is why I want to use xpadder.

If anyone can give me a few ideas, I'd be grateful. I'm running Win 7, Oblivion is in a C rather than Program files directory, and I'm pretty good with PCs and Windows.

Thanks in advance!! Clive

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using a PS2 with Oblivion

Post by Primal Fear »

1. Run Xpadder as admim because of Windows UAC (more information about the UAC-Issue and how to run a programs admin here)

2. Disable the native gamepad support in the Oblivion.ini, it only makes problems

clive

Post by clive »

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a go running as administrator.
If you mean disable gamepad in INI, I assume you mean the bUse Joystick=1 line in the INI? If I switch that to 0 then I get no controller at all. (I can't spot any other controller switch).
However, I'll try the administrator and this together and let you know!

clive

Post by clive »

And thank you very much! I'm in business! Run as administrator was the final step - dumb of me not to remember it. :oops:
I've a few mysteries like sticks and some of my assigned buttons not working, but I'm sure I can get to the bottom of that - there are plenty of options for me to tackle there. Was just stuck on that final connecting point!
Thank you!!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Disabling you native gamepad support means "bUse Joystick=" to "0".
The game shall not detect the controller, as the native controller support only causes trouble (doesn't work in any menu/inventory, unusual sensitivity for the left stick, double functions per buttons if used together with Xpadder) and as Xpadder makes your controller working like it would be keyboard and mouse.

Return to “Other questions”