Assign XY Cursor Coordinates to a button

kb5lka

Assign XY Cursor Coordinates to a button

Post by kb5lka »

Having a problem with returning to main layer in Xpadder. Logitech F510 in direct mode( Not XBox ). Older game only keyboard and mouse functions. In returning from the inventory sub menses I have to move the cursor to a screen location and left mouse click on it. I currently have the left stick assigned to the cursor movement and a key for the left mouse click. This returns me to the game but fails to toggle the main layer. I programed a separate key to toggle the main layer. This is clunky but works
Can I assign to a single button:
1- toggle main layer.
2- move cursor to a predetermined location on the screen.
3 preform a left mouse key click.
I can already do 1 & 3 but don't have a clue as to no.2 and how to chain all three.
I think it probably Would have to be in that order. This is way I have to do it now.
If this is possible I would also need some instruction on how to determine a particular xy coordinate.

Any help would be appreciated

KB
Last edited by kb5lka on 13 Aug 2011, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Assign XY Cursor Cooordinates to a button

Post by Kloreep »

I'm afraid cursor positioning isn't possible right now. It is something that's been brought up in the past, so you could always bump that thread with your support for it. :)

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Assign XY Cursor Coordinates to a button

Post by Reboot »

Finding the coordinates is quite simple,
Take a screen shot by pressing “Print Screen” and then open that picture in “Paint”
Now by moving your cursor around you can see the X –Y coordinates at the bottom of the page.

Free Trial of Mouse Click Utility: http://www.rtsoftwares.com/mouse-click/ ... /setup.exe

With this small program (MouseClick) you can test in the coordinates manually or point and then press the space bar,

say what it should do "left click, right click" give it a hot key something like "Ctrl/Alt/A"

now whenever you hit "Ctrl/Alt/A" the mouse will jump to the spot and then do the click,

now just configure Expadder to do "Ctrl/Alt/A"

so every time you hit your button Expadder will send "Ctrl/Alt/A" and "Mouseclick" will jump the mouse and do the click.

I have installed and tested this with Expadder, works perfectly.

Reboot.

PS: I haven’t tested it with your game! that’s up to you,
If you do try this and it works, remember to post back and let us all know.
Last edited by Reboot on 13 Aug 2011, 17:16, edited 6 times in total.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

kb5lka wrote: 1- toggle main layer.
2- move cursor to a predetermined location on the screen.
3 preform a left mouse key click.

This is just my example!

"G" will toggle main layer.

"Ctrl/Alt/A" will move cursor to a location on the screen.

(program) "MouseClick" will preform a left mouse key click.

Reboot.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Well I paid my $5 so now I’m a registered user.

kb5lka

Post by kb5lka »

Thanks for all of the replies. I will try REBOOT's suggestion and give a report back in a few days.

kb5lka

Post by kb5lka »

Ok sorry for the delay in following up. Got RTSoftwares Click It program. Program will let you move cursor to a predetermined XY position in windows environment. It will not however work in the game. Neither full screen or windows game mode will let the cursor movement be implemented in the game. I chatted at length with software developer. They are working on a newer version of the utility that would have this capability. Should they be successful I will update this thread.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Thanks for the follow up. I'm interested in what you find out.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Hi kb5lka,
I have only ever tested this with my favourite game “Falcon 4”, It also doesn’t work in the 3D game itself, but it does work in all the menus (sub menus), and I got the impression that is what you needed it for (menus).

Now don’t feel too bad about wasting the $5, remember I also gave $5 just for trying to help you,

We maybe could find a use for this someday ?

PS: I could use this with Falcon, but only the one Hot-key/coordinate isn’t enough,
I would like to hit a button on my joystick, that would start a “Xpadder timed string”
Start the game, wait until were in the menu then do two or three coordinate jumps and the necessary clicks, once in the game itself I use Xpadder,

To get out of the game, use a hot-key to get to the menu, then coordinate jumping and mouse clicks to get back to windows.

If “MouseClick” had multiple Hot-key/coordinates, then together with Xpadder I could get in and out of my game by just hitting one button to get in and then one button to get out, (of course; setting up for something special would demand a lot more).

kb5lka

Post by kb5lka »

A quick update. I have not been contacted by the RT Software developers on the update planned for their Mouse Click utility. If I do get one I will update this thread. REBOOT, I have no problem with paying the five bucks for the utility. It might come in handy some day. As a matter of record, they did offer me a refund but I declined. I have not tried any other of their software, but they seem to be a fair bunch to deal with.

Return to “Other questions”