Need help to make a double command!

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Need help to make a double command!

Post by Errol »

Hey Admin or anyone who can give me proper help here! OK here goes!
I want to make two commands with the same button e.g Left Shoulder button on my X360 controller
Lets say e.g. I want to use the X and the K on the keyboard on my Left shoulder button
Firstly I want X to fire the first command by pressing the left shoulder button and release at any point in time as needed
Secondly I want K to fire the second command by keeping the left shoulder button pressed down at any point in time without X conflicting.
Could you please show me how to do this? I seem to catch my royal to get this to work! Any pro & genuine help would be kindly appreciated. Thanks in advanced
Last edited by Errol on 18 Oct 2011, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Need help to make a double command!!!?

Post by Reboot »

This was actually posted, yesterday.

http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 877#p13877

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

And please stop shouting, were not deaf!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You could also check out my Advanced Assignment Tutorial.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Need help to make a double command!

Post by Errol »

@ REBOOT please FYI I'm not shouting, thats the way I do my thing and as long as I'm in this forum as a member you'll always see me the same way, now and in the future. Check all my profiles I've posted so far and you'll see for yourself. And thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

@ Primal Fear thank you very much for the detailed info also. Really appreciate it very much. I'm already quite familiar with the Advanced Assignment window. Its just the question I posted is giving me some trouble to get it right. If you noticed how I put my example is where I'm really focusing on and I really would have like if the answer could have been picked up using my example. Guys you have to remember I just bought this prog and trying to get familiar with it so please be patient with me.
Last edited by Errol on 18 Oct 2011, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Fixed my double command

Post by Errol »

OK guys, I found the perfect settings after some trial and error.
After following Kloreep method which he showed in another POST.
I just tweaked it a bit and got the perfect settings that would work for me.
Kloreep a big thank you. Also thank you REBOOT.
For those who would like to use this feature, can take a look at the pic below.

This is the syntax I used: [Release Zone 0.01 sec] [X] [Release Zone 0.90 sec] [Hold Zone 0.30 sec] [K]

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

So you want three possibilities:
1.If the button was hold for less than 0.30s, tap X on release

2.If the button was hold for 0.30, start holding K as long as the button is held
And if released before 0.91s tap X after release

3.If the button was hold for 0.30, start holding K
(And if released after 0.91s then nothing)

Errol wrote:I'm already quite familiar with the Advanced Assignment window.
It's not only about the window itself. The second part explains Hold Zone, Release Zone, etc. including examples.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Primal Fear thank you kindly for a quick reply. My answer to your first 1, 2, 3 layout is yes. Thats exactly what I wanted, so I can place some double commands with quicker response time for games that uses a lot of keys from the keyboard. I hope you catch my drift.

As to your other response to "I'm already quite familiar with the Advanced Assignment window." I'm sorry for not explaining myself, but in all fairness to you what I really meant was, I knew about the Advanced Assignment window thats all I really meant and not the technical details. However as I go along using Xpadder I know for a fact I'll need to ask more questions around that area, and it just might be you who can answer it for me or someone with the understanding whenever I post it. Anyway thanks for the assistance and really appreciate it very much.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It's just that this is unusual. I normally have the second Release Zone on 0.30 and the Hold Zone on 0.31, to trigger either one or another action and maybe two action with one button press.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Primal Fear wrote:It's just that this is unusual. I normally have the second Release Zone on 0.30 and the Hold Zone on 0.31, to trigger either one or another action and maybe two action with one button press.

:oops: :noob: Primal Fear after trying out your settings I have to tuck my tail between my legs and say that your settings is absolutely perfect and have to admit that I was not correct. My humblest apologies to you. Because after actually trying it out on some of my games I saw where you were pointing out the error to me. Thanks a whole heap, and next time I'll trust your judgment in future. I now realize you have a wealth of knowledge with Xpadder and you're the man.
:keen: ;) :rightthumbup: :leftthumbup:

Return to “Other questions”