Help with movement on left analog stick

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Help with movement on left analog stick

Post by Errol »

Hello Primal or Oke_Doke, I need a little help with the left analog stick with movement. Firstly I have several games and they varies with movement i.e. you have general movement, walk and sprint. What I want to do is...

(1) If I have to walk when I push the left analog just under 35% I must walk and above 36% I'll have normal movement.

(2) If I have to sprint or run I want to push the left analog stick just over 85% to go into sprint mode that normally would be the left shift kb key or left ctrl kb key.

(3) If there is the option to both walk and sprint or run in the game at the same time then at under 35% I'll walk and at over 85% I'll sprint, in between those two movement I'll have my regular character movement.

With that said, if it is possible (because I've been trying to get that to work to no avail) I'd really appreciate it very much because I'm having some difficulty to play my game.
Now one other thing, is if it do have that feature available please post your answer with the codes for each of the above mentioned, I'd really appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance.

Here is the code snippet you asked for Oke_Doke

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.06.24

[Profile Settings]

[Set Settings]

[Assignments]
Set1Stick1UpName=Walk/Run
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W,Left Shift
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Last edited by Errol on 24 Oct 2011, 20:07, edited 2 times in total.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help with movement on left analog stick

Post by Oke_Doke »

Could you post a code snippet or two of the assignments your having problems with?

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Oke_Doke I just posted the code snippet in the OP, you can have a look see.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Where is the attempt to use Distance Zones?

However, here is a example. CTRL+W would be for walk (up to 39%), only W for run (up to 79%) and Shift+W for sprint (80% and more).

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.07.25
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Left Control,W,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,W,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,Left Shift,W
The profile requires that you have to hold CTRL to walk and hold Shift to sprint. If you have to tap the one of the key to switch to it's movement speed, it becomes impossible to have both on the stick.

Some notes:
-if sprinting consumes stamina, then I prefer to use a button for it in order to use it sparingly
-test if every movement speed is usable for every direction, in many games you can only sprint (or run) forward but not left, right or back

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Primal I checked out the walk and sprint and it is working flawlessly. The only thing I did not check is placing it with the A, D, & S movement. Thanks very much and really appreciate all the help you've given me so far.

If I can ask a favor here, can the tester profile that I posted be a sticky so others can always see it easily and it could be useful for many?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Errol wrote:The only thing I did not check is placing it with the A, D, & S
It's exactly the same as with W, simply replace with the respective direction key.
The only thing you should check before in the game is if the movement speed is used for this direction (just to save you some useless work).

Return to “Other questions”