the desktop icon....

src.zifnab

the desktop icon....

Post by src.zifnab »

Is it necessary to have the Xpadder icon on my desktop to use xpadder? :?: I have tried a few different ways to keep my desktop free and clear of all icons/windows I dont know why i just like it like that. :P Yet Xpadder seems to be the only program i use that has to have an icon on the desktop to run worse yet i have to have 2 icons one for the program and one for the profile. :cry: I currently have Xpadder icon on my task bar which is great except that it also seems to need to be on the desktop, it is very likely that i am doing something wrong or simply missing an available option, if someone would point me in the right direction i will run with it. Thank you in advance.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: the desktop icon....

Post by Errol »

Very interesting indeed, its like we have the same behavior. Here's what I did, I made a directory in my Program Files (x86). Take a look at the pic below and you'll understand. As for the other option not to have it on your desktop, if you're using win 7 you can right click on Xpadder and "Pin to Taskbar" next to Media Player or I.E. and have it as a quick launch. Or you can go to Xpadder's option and have it start up with windows that way you'll not have any icon of Xpadder on your desktop. I hope that was helpful to you.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Expadder is a one file program, the very first time you start it, it does a kind of mini-install,
Now if you started on your desktop, then that is where it is installed,

1: create a new folder, now put that folder anywhere you like,
2: move your Expadder to that folder and any profiles you have made (delete the INI file)
3: start Expadder from its new position
4: create a short cut and put that where you normally have them hidden.
Last edited by Reboot on 01 Nov 2011, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

also note(for users using vista) previously in the past vista users wernt able to use progam files folder as it needs elavated permissions to run so id just suggest documents(XP & below use my document instead) folder or downloads folder or create new folder in your user account root folder for easier access. then create short cut where appropriate

Return to “Other questions”