Swap Button Assignments

swhitmore

Swap Button Assignments

Post by swhitmore »

Hey guys,

I'm very new to this (just bought Xpadder yesterday). I wanted to use this tool to play COD-MW3 and Battlefield 3, since the BF3 single player is un-playable with a controller due to the quick time events. I have xpadder working great, the profile is loading fine (I used this one), however I wish to swap around some of the key assignements. I can't seem to find an easy way to do this. Can anyone give me a hint? I don't really want to create new assignements, since I have no idea how to do that.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Swap Button Assignments

Post by Oke_Doke »

The fastest way would be to copy the profile into a text editor and edit the buttons manually. Just swaping the button numbers should do the trick. e.g. Set1Button9 >>> Se1Button10 and vice versa. '

I'm working on a tool that does this sort of thing automaticaly in this post. It converts profiles to suite different controllers but I plan on implementing set management and individual button swapping soon. Right now you can swap the shoulder and trigger assignments.

swhitmore

Post by swhitmore »

Thanks mate, I'll try this tomorrow. An app to help with this feature would be great. Looking forward to it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Oko_Doke wrote:I'm working on a tool that does this sort of thing automaticaly in this post. It converts profiles to suite different controllers but I plan on implementing set management and individual button swapping soon. Right now you can swap the shoulder and trigger assignments.
This is great, I already thought on that too. But I think it shouldn't be squeezed directly into the converter.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Yea i tried that already and the conversion features are a problem when trying to swap at the same time. a separate script will be much easier.

Return to “Other questions”