Exception in core loop occurred, with Xbox 360 Controller

ryan.macintosh

Exception in core loop occurred, with Xbox 360 Controller

Post by ryan.macintosh »

Hello

Iv looked around the forums, but couldn't find my problem, so here I am.

As soon as I start up Xpadder (Any Verison ) I get a Exception in core loop occurred Error, not sure if its something with my system, but thought I would ask here. Thanks
System Specs

Windows 7 x64 Bit ( Legal Copy )
8GB RAM
Nvidia 250GTS 1GB DDR3 Vid RAM

Also tried different install/run locations, did't help

Not sure what else to include, just ask if you need more info

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Exception in core loop occurred, with Xbox 360 Controller

Post by Primal Fear »

This is probably caused by some USB-device, usually by unusual input devices. Try to disconnect every USB-device, except of your mouse and you x360pad.
If Xpadder starts normallynow, reconnect the devices one after another (preferably in the same USB-ports as before, so Windows doesn't have to reinstall the drivers) and look after which device Xpadder is showing the error message.

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

Ok, thanks. Not sure why I didn't think of that. Also, should say that I know M$ Wireless reciver and Logtech g15 never use to play nice with both pluged in, maybe I'll start their

Edit: went all the way back to Xpadder v5.4 and its now working, not sure if that helps.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You mean Xpadder 5.4 is working, but all newer versions do not?

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

yes, thats what i mean

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Can you still use Xpadder after this error messagein any way?
Does it work completely normal?
Can you access the setting (tool symbol in the upper right edge)?
Can you close Xpadder as normal in the system tray?
Is the PC that you use a notebook?

And, did you try that with disconnecting other USB-devices? The G15 shouldn't be the problem (but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't test it), I know about some other Xpadder users with a G15 and without this problems. What mouse do you have?

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

Can you still use Xpadder after this error messagein any way? : No, It will not accpect inout from the controller
Does it work completely normal? : No
Can you access the setting (tool symbol in the upper right edge)? : No
Can you close Xpadder as normal in the system tray? : Yes

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Ops, question 2,3 ans 4 where an addition to question. But after reassembling then, it doesn't look like that anymore. Sorry.
You didn't answer the notebook question (under the picture).
ryan.macintosh wrote:Can you close Xpadder as normal in the system tray? : Yes
This is good, so we can go the easy way.
In the folder with the Xpadder.exe should the Xpadder.ini. Open it with a text editor (Editor or WordPad), search for the entry "AutomaticallyDetectNewControllers=1" and replace 1 with 0. Save the file and then start Xpadder and see if the error is gone.

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

Ok, this is weird.I left the old Xpadder on ( in a different folder ) and downloaded the newest one and installed it in a another folder, and it seems that the new one works without me making the changes to it. Would leaving the old one in another folder ( but not on ) effect it?

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

Ok, now it started giving me the error again, so i went into the .ini file and changed that 1 to a 0 and now i get these

Error

File cannot be found or cannot be opened

Name
Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)

Type
xpaddercontroller

Error

Cannot auto-open controller file

Controller

Controller File

This controller file cannot be opened. It will no longer automatically open for this
controller when it is detected.

Error

An error has occurred

Error
Exception in Core Loop occurred

This error should never happen! For assistance, please visit the website
xpadder.com

and xpadder whon;t accept intup still

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

My mouse is a G9x

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

ryan.macintosh wrote:Would leaving the old one in another folder ( but not on ) effect it?
No, as Xpadder doesn't create any registry entries, virtual devices and doesn't install anything else in the OS. It consists only of the .exe file, the Xpadder.ini that it creates to save the settings and of the controller layouts(s) and profile you have saved.
But the other is possible. If you start different versions of Xpadder in the same folder, then all will use the same .in file. That configuration file may be corrupted or leads to something corrupted, so all Xpadder versions won't start with it.

Try following and please use the most recent version for that:
1.rename or delete your current Xpadder.ini
2.start Xpadder |Error message?|, open the settings and check under "Controllers" if there really is only one, your Xbox360 controller. Then close Xpadder in the system tray (don't create or load a layout for your controller)
3.start Xpadder again |Error message?|, create a new layout for your controller (do not simply load the layout you already have created)
4.Close Xpadder in the system tray and start it again |Error message?|

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

1.rename or delete your current Xpadder.ini

I Deleted the files

2.start Xpadder |Error message?|, open the settings and check under "Controllers" if there really is only one, your Xbox360 controller.
Then close Xpadder in the system tray (don't create or load a layout for your controller)

No, no error message

3.start Xpadder again |Error message?|, create a new layout for your controller (do not simply load the layout you already have created)

No, no error message, and I was able to make a layout

4.Close Xpadder in the system tray and start it again |Error message?|

No, no error message

This is weird, just weird, now it works, but before it didn't

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I guess there is something wrong with the controller layout (actually not a usual problem).
And you have used all the time the same Xpadder.ini, which has an entry that loads this controller layout automatically when starting Xpadder (normal function). Or if you have replaced the .ini file, for example by starting Xpadder in a different folder, you have loaded the layout manually once so it became the layout to be loaded automatically.

ryan.macintosh

Post by ryan.macintosh »

k, changing AutomaticallyDetectNewControllers=2 to 0 seems to have helped. Thanks,

I havn't tried uplugging other USB stuff 1 by 1 yet, layed up from and operation and don't really feel like doing it now.

I'll do it in a few weeks when Im back to normal and post back

Thanks again

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You should make a Backup copy of your current .ini and and change you current controller file in it's properties to write protected (not that you cannot make any changes on the controller layout until this setting is active). Just to be safe, if this problem occurs again.

Then you try maybe using your old .ini/controller layout or the reactivation "AutomaticallyDetectNewControllers" in the Xpadder settings to provoke this problem.
Note that if you replace the Xpadder.ini in any way, make sure to close Xpadder before. Otherwise it will overwrite the new .ini with the current setting (Xpadder saves the settings every time when quitting).

In any way, if you a happy with how it works now (new controllers will be only detected by restarting by clicking the "Scan" button next to the "Settings" button) and if it stays that way, you don't have to find the reason for it.

Return to “Other questions”