Great Programme but...help needed

katieg

Great Programme but...help needed

Post by katieg »

Hello everyone,
A couple of issues...
1/ I have downloaded the latest version but cannot install because there is another instance of the programme running,...how do I stop the old version?....so I can install the new updated version.

2/ I have mapped the buttons on my GT1 Button Box with the keyboard and it works great in one driving sim but I cannot get the Button Box to work in another driving sim even though I have mapped the same keyboard buttons..

any help appreciated

kind regards
katieg

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Great Programme but...help needed

Post by SGTCableDog »

For number 2 see Primal Fears post: Your assignments work within Windows, but not in your game.

This post also explains how to quit Xpadder so you can install the newest version.

katieg

Post by katieg »

Hello SGTCableDog,
Thank you for the prompt reply,...that information worked perfectly....

kind regards
katieg

katieg

Post by katieg »

Hello again,
I seem to be getting it sorted out...but how can you get Xpadder to load up the profile when you turn on the computer again?...as Xpadder whats to install again as I have to re-map all the buttons again....

kind regards
katieg

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Make sure you do not run Xpadder from the Program Files folder. Windows UAC prevents programs writing to it. When Xpadder closes it writes the xpadder.ini settings file to its folder. If it is in Program FIles the xpadder.ini gets saved to the windows virtual store and is lost when Windows is restarted.

I run Xpadder in the Downloads folder.

Return to “Other questions”