Logic3 JP283

alan866

Logic3 JP283

Post by alan866 »

I've just bought Xpadder but cannot get it to work. When it loads, I just get a blank screen with the moving magnifying glass icon in the top left hand corner. I have the Logic3 JP283 controller installed on Win7 64bit.

Thanks
Alan

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Logic3 JP283

Post by Primal Fear »

That means XPadder didn't detect any controller (and that you can connect one at any time). Click on this symbol with the magnifying glass to open the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel.
Is your controller listed there?

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

Mine is but when I click on it then click OK nothing happens

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you click on OK, you only close the window. Click on the entry and click on Properties, will all inputs in the Test tab be shown?

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

Do you mean the buttons? If so, yes they are. But what do I do next?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes I mean the buttons and the sticks.
If the controller is listed, then Xpadder should normally find it. But if you see the magnifying glass, then Xpadder didn't found any controller. Possible known reasons for that is either that the controller is configured as hidden or that there is a driver problem that we actually only encountered with the Xbox360pad.

To check if it is hidden click in the Xpadder main window on the tool symbol in the upper right edge. Click in the left area on "Controllers" to check if there is a entry for your controller.
If in the column "Order" is written "(Hidden)" (not completely) behind the number, click on this entry and click on the "Unhide" button below.

If it is not there, try first to connect the controller to a different USB-port.

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

It's not there and I've tried different USB ports but nothing seems to work.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have another idea (apart from the driver problem).
Open the folder where you have placed the Xpadder.exe and make sure that there is no file called "dinput8.dll". The best that there is no .dll file at all.

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

I can't find it, it should be on the desktop but it's not.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, the Desktop is not a appropriate place for a program file. You place the Xpadder.exe the best in a new folder under "My Documents" and try to run it from there. Make sure to close Xpadder before in the system tray.

You can place a shortcut on the Desktop if it is working now.

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

It's still just the same but earlier a notepad file appeared called xpadder when I put it in a folder and clicked on it at the bottom it said Xpadder
Configuration settings
Does that make a difference?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Thats the Xpadder.ini, Xpadder creates it when you close the program the first time and saves it's configurations in there.

You could try deactivate "Use Xinput (if installed)". Again in the Xpadder settings, but this time under "Options". If it makes a difference, you should see it directly after closing the settings window.
Also, do you hear any disconnection sounds when starting Xpadder coming out of the speakers?

I will now have a look if I can create this problem with another similar controller.

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

It hasn't made a difference and I'm not hearing any disconnection sound yet.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Then you can only look into the Device Manager anymore for a driver problem. This is a image for a driver problem of the Xbox360pad, so you not all the orange markings are useful for you. You can also ignore the
It's in German but I have translated the marked entries into English.

First look if there are entries with a exclamation or question mark.
If not, open the the Human interface Devices entry like in the screenshot. You should have marking two and probably one, but it can be also called "HID-compilant consumer control device". I every way, you can simply identify the entries of your gamepad by marking one entry by clicking on it and the disconnecting the device. If the marking is gone, it's one of the entries of your gamepad.

If you have identified both entries, right click on entry one (HID-compilant...) and click on uninstall. Make sure to tick the question to delete the driver software.
If Windows don't want to restart, then reconnect the controller. Otherwise simply let Windows reboot.
Windows will then reinstall the driver. You probably should make sure that there is a Internet connection available, for Windows Update to search for the newest version of the driver.
If that doesn't help you can try that again, but without Internet connection, to possibly install a older driver. But I don't that there is a good chance for success with the older driver.

If all that doesn't help, I can only recommend to make sure that games with DirectInput controller support also not detect your controller and if not to get in contact with the Logic3 support.
You can use this game to test this, if you shouldn't have something else. Note that this game has gruesome sounds, you should better turn the speakers off. :shifty:

jackjack253

Post by jackjack253 »

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Return to “Other questions”