how to press 2 physical buttons to equal a different key?

sdone1

how to press 2 physical buttons to equal a different key?

Post by sdone1 »

Hello
I am reading many ways in this forum to make pressing 1 physical key to automatically mean a long sequence of keys but on my MAME machine I want to make pressing a physical combination of buttons like 6 (which is player 2 coin) and 2 (which is player 2 start) to equal the ESCAPE key so the game will exit. Assigning the ESCAPE key to just one button on the MAME control panel is easy but also easy to bump and throw you out of the game so I wanted to make it a more difficult by assigning a combination of physical buttons. I hope that make sense.
I had a hard time finding this in a search on the forum if it is already mentioned.
Thanks for any help.
Shawn

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: how to press 2 physical buttons to equal a different key?

Post by SGTCableDog »

You should be able to do this using sets. Assign button 6 to select set 2 while held (right click the button in the main Xpadder window and you should find the option in the menu), then in set 2 assign button 6 the key to insert coin and button 2 to the escape key.

You change sets for programming assignments by clicking the 1-8 buttons along the bottom of the main Xpadder window. Make sure to reselect set 1 when you are ready to play MAME. You may also want to duplicate the assignments in set 1 for player one coin and start buttons in set 2 so player one doesn't get interupted while player two is busy loading virtual coins.

sdone1

Re: how to press 2 physical buttons to equal a different key?

Post by sdone1 »

That did the trick. Thank you for your help SGTCableDog.

Return to “Other questions”