xbox controller question

klex172

xbox controller question

Post by klex172 »

Just started using xpadder (great) on cod6 modern warefare 2. I think I need two computer buttons on one key (x button). Any ideas? I think I see I can add two computer keys to the stick button when pressed but not on the x button. Any help would be great. Also how to activate rumble when I get hit if that is like the xbox 360 acts. I see how to activate rumble on a key but not when you get hit. And one last thing I need to look around faster how to? Thanks

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: xbox controller question

Post by SGTCableDog »

klex172 wrote:Just started using xpadder (great) on cod6 modern warefare 2. I think I need two computer buttons on one key (x button). Any ideas? I think I see I can add two computer keys to the stick button when pressed but not on the x button. Any help would be great.
Click the X button in the main Xpadder window to open the Assignment window, then click on the Advanced button in the lower right corner. This will open the Advanced Assignment window, now go back to the Assignment window and add as many keys as you like. After this close the Assignment window. Now when you press the X button on the controller all the keys will be pressed at the same time. If you need the keys pressed in order then you will need to add pauses between keys in the Advanced Assignment window.
Also how to activate rumble when I get hit if that is like the xbox 360 acts. I see how to activate rumble on a key but not when you get hit.
Xpadder does not read data from the game so adding rumble from in game action is not currently possible.
And one last thing I need to look around faster how to?
You'll want to adjust the Mouse Emulation Speed. Open the Mouse Settings window by clicking the Group Assignment button -looks like a wrench in a circle to the bottom right of the stick assigned to mouse movement- in the main Xpadder window and choose the "Mouse Settings..." option from the pop up menu. There are two sliders to adjust horizontal and vertical mouse speed. You'll have to use trial and error to find a speed good for you.
Thanks
Welcome. :D

klex172

Post by klex172 »

Thanks alot for your help

klex172

Post by klex172 »

every time I turn on my computer the xbox controller does not work with xpadder. I have to re configure the controller were and how do I click to activate again. running windows 7. thanks

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Have you saved the controller configuration? The controller name on the top left of the main Xpadder window will be yellow if there are changes that haven't been saved. Then each time the controller is connected and Xpadder is running, the controller config will be loaded. The same with the profile file to the right of the controller name.

klex172

Post by klex172 »

Ok now i really screwed it up. Please help I went to the settings for the mouse and now even my touchpad keyboard scrolls everytime i try to move the mouse up and down. there is a scroll section on the pad but i am not touching it and it scolls anyway. Any idea what to do i've unplugged the keyboard, deleted the xpadder files (i think) don't know what else to do. thanks

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

To completely exit Xpadder right click the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close" from the menu. Xpadder doesn't make any changes to your computer, it just takes controller inputs and emulates keyboard presses and mouse movements.
... I went to the settings for the mouse and now even my touchpad keyboard scrolls everytime i try to move the mouse up and down.
Did you make changes to Xpadders mouse settings or windows mouse settings? I know on my laptop the mouse properties has a touchpad tab where you can change the size of the scroll zone.

Does the screen scroll while you try to move the mouse with Xpadder?

klex172

Post by klex172 »

I am so sorry for asking so many questions, but it was on the controller but I must have hit something because it took over on my windows mouse. But I solved it by deleting everything then turning off the computer. installed everything again and all is fine. Still need to listen to your words to fix the slow mouse control on my right stick to look around in modern warfare 2. but will try again. Thanks

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Just so I'm clear. You need to adjust Xpadders mouse emulation speed by right clicking the sticks group assignment icon -looks like a wrench in the lower right of the stick- in the main Xpadder window and choose Mouse Settings from the menu. The center column of the window has sliders for vertical and horizontal speed. Also in this window is the mouse mode. By default the Look/Camera mode is selected. This filters the stick movements to 45 degree areas, North, East, South, West, plus NE,SE,SW,NW if you will. The cursor mode offer no filters so full freedom is allowed. Some users prefer this, your preference may differ.

klex172

Post by klex172 »

Great figured it out i was in settings up top not mouse setting down low after hitting wrench. But one more thing again is I want to have button b do C if i tap it and control if I hold it, a little confused on how to set the holds and releases. And also x button i want tap r and hold for f. Thanks Kyle

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

To make a tap/hold assignment first click the controller button in the main Xpadder window to open the Assignment window. Next click the Advanced... button in the bottom right corner of this window to open the Advanced assignment window. Adjust the time for the amount of time you would like the hold time to be by clicking the plus and minus time buttons on the bottom of the window, a good starting time might be .50s for half a second, then click the Add Hold Zone button to add it. Now go back to the assignment window and click the [ctrl] key. Back in the advanced assignment window adjust the time to something low for the release zone like .05s. Click the Add Release Zone button to add the slot then back to the assignment window to add the [c] key. Finish it off by adding another release zone of half a second so the [c] key won't be added after the [ctrl] key.

Return to “Other questions”