Quantum of Solace SENSITIVITY Help Please.

big_hims

Quantum of Solace SENSITIVITY Help Please.

Post by big_hims »

Hi,

I bought Xpadder solely for QoS PC, assigned all my buttons to the correct keys (I re did some keys in-game to make things simpler) I just need help with the sensitivity with the left and right stick of my 360 wireless controller (to move and look in game).

In game it is unplayable, too sticky and over sensitive, does anyone know what sensitivity options I need exactly to make the controls perfect. I know how to get to the sensitivity options in Xpadder, simply asking what settings I need exactly to make the moving and looking around on quantum of solace perfect just like playing on the Xbox. as I am very confused.

Appreciate any help,
Thanks.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Quantum of Solace SENSITIVITY Help Please.

Post by Mobeeuz »

Perfect is subjective and you will have to suss out what is perfect for you, there is no magical number that fits everyone's taste. My suggestion is to turn off any in-game mouse smoothing or acceleration and to adjust the mouse sensitivity there as well as in xpadder. Also, QoS is locked at 30fps which makes the game far less smooth that most want.

big_hims

Post by big_hims »

Ok fair enough, can I at least get some figures in terms of what is the recommended settings for the average FPS, as I am finding the software very confusing and I don't even know what deadzone means :L

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

Ok, don't worry about dead zones unless the cursor is drifting on it's own, just adjust the sensitivity sliders. Check the move together box and slide down to say 30
For auto-assign you should click normal, mode should be look/camera or cursor - your choice; test each and select as you want. Run the game and test. Alt-tab out of the game and into xpadder to adjust up or down and then alt-tab back and check. When you're happy, save.

big_hims

Post by big_hims »

Okay cheers the game is a little better and I can get through the levels now. I am guessing there is no fix for the minor lag when moving in-game?

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

That is probably the 30fps cap. I remember it being very pronounced when I played it the first time, like you are locked on a grid of squares a 1/2 foot apart - console ports suck ;)

Return to “Other questions”