Dead Space for Steam

Moosey

Dead Space for Steam

Post by Moosey »

Hi there! I just got a steelseries controller to play some of my Steam games and I'm having quite the problem with it. I would like to use my left joystick to move my camera, but when I try to map it, it doesn't register with Xpadder. If I register it as a Dpad, it takes over the function of my joystick as well as my 1, 2, 3, and 4 buttons. Every time I try to look to the right, my menu opens...a-yi-yi...

I've tried giving my buttons no assignments and just giving both sets over to the joystick, but then when I go into AIM mode for my guns, I have no buttons to fire with, reload with, etc.

I've also tried just renaming the 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons, but it still registers them along with the joystick movement.

Some people say that happens because the program/game has controller support to begin with, but if that is the case, I can NOT find a way to turn this off so I can game in peace.

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I'm losing my mind over here!

If anyone needs it this is exactly what my controller looks like --> http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3 ... AA300_.jpg

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Dead Space for Steam

Post by Primal Fear »

Your controller has this mode button. By pressing it once, you should switch the left stick from digital (so working as Dpad) to analog.

As for Dead Space, I have it myself and I regret that I have paid 2,50€ for it.
The problem is that it uses every connected controller at the same time, if Dinput or Xinput, and you cannot disable that. Also you cannot configure it, which makes it anyways unplayable with almost every Dinput Controller (like yours) as the buttons are mixed up.
With a Xbox360pad (or another Xinput controller) you can play it, but the sticks have a DeadZone of around 60%, which is especially for aiming totally annoying.
So I tried keyboard and mouse. The mouse is reacting massively sluggish, I had to move my mouse once completely over the mouse pad before the camera even started moving.

So my conclusion after playing it a little bit with a Xinput controller: This game is total trash. It can only be called "Horror" for the controls, if you could aim it would be boring instead of annoying.

Return to “Other questions”