slow down trigger movement while pressed

dims2424

slow down trigger movement while pressed

Post by dims2424 »

Hi,
I'm using my left/right trigger on my 360 for windows controller for turning left or right while running/walking in tomb raider. Problem is the trigger is to jerky/quick when I turn.

I want to slow down/smooth the turn. Any ideas how to do this? I see in advanced the timing adjustments and some options but don't know what to adjust.....Thanks for your help.
Woody :idea:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: slow down trigger movement while pressed

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you assign "move mouse left/right" to the triggers?

dims2424

Post by dims2424 »

no..... A and D keys turn left and right. I tried assigning mouse left and right but that is for "looking" it does turn me when running although to slow and when I try to jump left or right from a ledge, it doesn't jump left or right. Thanks for your help. Mike

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Normally A and D are for Strafe Left/Right, so together with walking forward it would be only walking diagonally left/right. However, it is simply not possible to turn digital keyboard input into analogue input.

What you can try is making a advanced assignment with mouse movement and A/D at more than 90%.
1.Click on the button for the left trigger and open the Advanced Assignment window by clicking on "Advanced" in the Assignment window.
2.Add here "mouse movement left" in the first slot by clicking on the pointed arrows in the mouse area of the assignment window.
Then change the distance value in the Advanced Assignment window to 90% and add a Distance Zone (pink) in the second slot and assign A in the third slot.
3.If the mouse movement should be still too slow, you change change the emulation speed in the mouse settings, you can open it by clicking on the tool symbol in the mouse area in the Assignment window.

4. Do the same for the right trigger, but now of course with "mouse movement right" and D.

dims2424

Post by dims2424 »

Thanks a lot! That worked great. I added a few mouse adjustments and turned down the dead zones back to normal and now seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

You have an amazing program! Reminds me of when I'm recording midi music in my cakewalk program. This must be sending midi messages...... Whatever, I love it. Thanks again, Mike

Return to “Other questions”