PS2 Controller Setup (for MW3) Analog Stick 2

kaylakristina2014

PS2 Controller Setup (for MW3) Analog Stick 2

Post by kaylakristina2014 »

Hi...I was attempting to set up my PS2 controller in accordance to the default button setup on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but my right analog stick isn't properly working. Here's a picture of what's going on:

The left analog stick works fine, with the X and Y axis'. The right analog stick will only look left/down, or right/up. When I go to play MW3, I can only look down at the ground. When I try to move it up and let the analog stick go, it looks back down at the ground. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you! :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS2 Controller Setup (for MW3) Analog Stick 2

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the controller menu on the left side of the main window and click on "Properties". This window shows the Raw data of your controller.
Now move the right stick up&down and then left&right, and look which axes do react. Normally there should be only on axis each, and they should be in the middle if the stick is centered. If you can identify these two axes as normally working, you can select them manually in the Controller setting.

kaylakristina2014

Post by kaylakristina2014 »

This is what comes up:

I tried it with both of my controllers and they both do the same thing with the right joystick. How do I center it? I tried callibrating it but it wouldn't work...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

With center the stick I have meant to release it so it returns to the center by itself.

However, I see in your screenshot that the axes of the right are at the maximum. But assuming that probably didn't touch the stick when making the screenshot, they should be both in the middle.
If you wouldn't have already done that, my first suggestion would have been try to calibrate it. But if you didn't move the stick for the calibration only in the upper left quarter :lol: , you can forget that.

I'm sure that the problem is the adapter you use or it's driver. Either the software for that adapter has somewhere a setting to change that or maybe a driver update that fixes this problem, or it's simply garbage.
The only thing you can try then is, if your adapter can make a PS2 controller also working on a PS3 (not only on PC), is to install Motioninjoy as driver software.

Return to “Other questions”