Bioshock 2

mark12389

Bioshock 2

Post by mark12389 »

I have Windows Vista 64. I created a profile for an xbox 360 pad and bioshock 2 for steam. I have the xpadder icon in the lower tool bar on the right and xpadder minimized to the left. When I run the game, it doesn't recognize the game. I opened notepad and it was blank. I went into Xpadder properties and set the compatibility tab to run the program as an administrator. Still no luck. I then went in to the Xpadder settings and created an Autoprofile for a bioshock 2 profile saved for a watch Bioshock 2 Shortcut link, D:Program. Still no luck. Any help to get this to work would be appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Bioshock 2

Post by Primal Fear »

To run Xpadder as admin you need to close the program before in the notification on the right side of the Task Bar. Did you do that?

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

Hi,

Yes I did close it by right clicking Xpadder in the toolbar. I retried everything again after your reply with no luck.
Thanks for any help.
Mark

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open your profile in Xpadder and leave the main window open. Try to move the mouse cursor with the stick you have the mousse assigned on. Does that work?

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

I opened my profile and assigned the mouse move up to the right stick up. Still no luck. The cursor didn't move. It seems like a nice program but I can't get it to work with Vista.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do the buttons and stick directions in the main window get green when you press their equivalent on the gamepad?

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

No buttons or sticks in the main window get green when I press their equivalent on the gamepad.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, that means that Xpadder doesn't even get input from the controller. This is basically good, as I wouldn't have any clue why the keyboard and mouse emulation shouldn't work at all. :)

1. How did you create your controller layout, like in the manual or did you download it somewhere?

2. Open the Controller Properties of this controller by clicking on it's tab (the small image of the controller on top of the main window) when it is already selected (if you only have this one controller it's anyways already selected). Click the copy text button in the lower left corner of this window. Now open the Full Editor for your next post here, click on the Code button over the text box to place code tags into your post and paste the the copied data in between.
If something shouldn't work, simply paste the data. I can edit your post too place the data into the code box. ;)

Edit:
Is your Xbox360pad a wired or a wireless one?
What do the LED's around the Guide button show?

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

I created the layout using the manual.
I have a wireless xbox 360.
The LED's don't show anything. The attachment you requested is only showing code.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Place the cursor between the code tags (it should be there automatically after clicking n the Code button) and press Ctrl+V. And don't forget to click before on the copy text button in the Controller Properties window.
mark12389 wrote:The LED's don't show anything.
That means that nothing has already accessed the controller, but actually Xpadder should have done that. It could also simply be off (batteries empty?) but then Xpadder shouldn't detect it.

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

No, the batteries aren't empty because I use the controller on other games that are compatible. The controller itself is lit up. I thought you were asking about a light on the xpadder control box and not the controller itself.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

So the LED for upper left quarter (1) is on and you can use the controller at the moment (so not only, when you where creating the controller layout) directly with games that have native controller support?

And as I have wrote in my post before, can you try again to copy &paste the data from the Controller Properties window? If it simply doesn't work, tell me what is stated on the left side under "Name" and "Xbox360 compatible".
Also, do you see the different green bars in the upper and lower right areas and do both react when you move a stick of press any button?

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

The green bars under Direct Input don't react when I hit a stick or button. My controller fully works with games that are supported. Before I didn't right click when I pasted. I hit the code button instead.
Thank you
Mark

Code: Select all

Controller Properties

Details
================
Name
 "Xpadder Virtual Controller"

ID
 ABCD:0123

Axes
 2 (X,Y)

Buttons

DPads

Rumble (Force Feedback)
 Yes (X,Y)

Xbox 360 Compatible
 XInput scanning is disabled in the main settings window

Xbox 360 Type
 -

Xbox 360 Power
 -

DirectInput
================
Axis X
Axis Y
Axis Z
Axis Rx
Axis Ry
Axis Rz
Slider 1
Slider 2
Button
 [0] 00:0, 01:0, 02:0, 03:0, 04:0, 05:0, 06:0, 07:0, 08:0, 09:0, 10:0, 11:0, 12:0, 13:0, 14:0, 15:0, 16:0, 17:0, 18:0, 19:0, 20:0, 21:0, 22:0, 23:0, 24:0, 25:0, 26:0, 27:0, 28:0, 29:0, 30:0, 31:0
POV
 0, 0, 0, 0
Last edited by Primal Fear on 05 Jul 2012, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrapped controller properties into code box

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Actually you should do both, clicking the code button and then pasting the data between the code tags. The code tags are only to save room, which means less scrolling. I have added the code box to your post.

I see in your posted data that this controller isn't your Xbox360pad, it is a virtual controller of Xpadder that you have activated in the settings. It's only for testing reasons and cannot work at all.
To deactivate it, click on the tool symbol in the upper right edge of the main window to open the settings window. In the appearing settings window click on the left side on "Debug - Virtual Controllers" and then select the virtual controller in the chart on the right side and click on the disconnect button under the chart (the third one). If there are more than one of these virtual controllers connected, do this for all of them.
Actually you can then directly delete this/these virtual controller(s) as you won't need them anyway.

Another thing I see is that you have disabled "Use Xinput (if installed)". As you use an Xinput compatible controller, it better to leave it activated. Otherwise the triggers of your controller won't work independently from each other and Xpadder cannot send rumble signals to the controller (if you should want to use the rumble feature). You'll find this setting under "Options" instead of "Debug - Virtual Controllers".

After deactivating the virtual controller and activating "Use Xinput...", I recommend to close Xpadder and to restart it. Only remove the unneeded tabs of the virtual controllers and to save these changes directly.
After restarting you should only see one tab anymore on the top left side of the main window, this is your Xbox360pad. If you should see a moving magnifying glass in that tab, then Xpadder cannot detect your controller. In this case I have other possible solutions for you.

mark12389

Post by mark12389 »

Thank you, Your fixes did the trick. You are the greatest. I just have to tweak my profile.
Thanks again,
Mark

Return to “Other questions”