LStick(W.A.S.D) - PointOfView FORCED down on forward (w)

Archosphere

LStick(W.A.S.D) - PointOfView FORCED down on forward (w)

Post by Archosphere »

I've used xPadder for years (2009), in BF2 with NO problems on XP... Standard stick set up works great, and on new W7 machine still standard set-up works great with BF2... BUT NOT BF3. >> when I push foward on a standard W.A.S.D. Stick (Left), my POV is FORCED to look (and stay) down until I release... dropping my controler and using the keybrd "W" the character responds as desired (walk forward, looking at horizon, no sprinting). >>> I HAVE TRIED many itterations, even placing the DPad over the stick... nothing. However I did notice that the game controls include "Joystick" as a column (Keyboard|Mouse|Joystick) which includes Axis 0 Y... the only edit is to "unbinded" them, I did this.... still nothing. Icant believe that no one else is using a sony dual shock2 with battlefield3, its the only game I play needing xpadder, so without a fix its useless for BF3. Am I stuck playing BF2 forever, I mean we all know using the keyboard SUCKS, that why Xpadder ROCKS for PC games.

Archosphere

Re: LStick(W.A.S.D) - PointOfView FORCED down on forward (w)

Post by Archosphere »

So... I found a link that avises that the user remove ALL of the joystick bindings, IT WORKED... partially, I'm still having issues with where my POV suddenly just jumps to a new view. post if I improve it. heeres the link: http://www.overclock.net/t/1151826/i-fi ... -heres-how

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

You can probably do what the guy said in the link you posted, but remember that would work only for flight. Remember he's suggesting to remove the key bindings based on the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick to play with the game. And that is for flight mode. But for general gameplay I don't think it will work.

Have you tried out this BF3 profile posted? You'll need to follow all the instructions step by step and it will work.

Archosphere

Post by Archosphere »

Thanks! ... 3 things ...1... It Did Work ...(well with the exception of the minor 'jump-to-new-view' issue, which I think its related to moving across buttons {usually turned around an looking up} ) ...and 2... you dont unbind joy stick from aircraft, for the aircrafts you unbind keyboard and mouse... ...and 3... I appreciate the link.. and although its obviously your prefered set-up for the xbox controller, I use the Dual Shock2, with a different config... Isnt that what makes xPadder so damn awesome. I wish more programs had such an open source feel.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Thanks. Did you know there is a profile converter available.

You can use Oke_Doke's Profile Converter

I also think this is the only profile available for this game.

Return to “Other questions”