Battlefied 3 and F710

drummerboy1962

Battlefied 3 and F710

Post by drummerboy1962 »

Hi guys i am new to the forum and have a question if i may ask. I have battlefield 3 which i have downloaded for the pc and wish to play with my "logitech F710 wireless gamepad" I noticd Battlefield 3 does not fully support the game pad mainly at the beginning of the game when its time for the first "interact" fight scene in the train. The game brings up the mouse pad to left click as the villan attacks you. is there a way to get the gamepad to work and have the gamepad do the scene instead of the mouse as this is the one area i am really having trouble getting the F710 gamepad to respond to.Or do i need to connect the xbox wired controller as some people say works on youtube.I am really at a loss here and have tried so many times going into the keybindings in the game. The problem is, that in the keybinding menu in battlefield 3 it ony shows settings for KEYBOARD, MOUSE, JOYSTICK. Thanls

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Work arounds to disable the native controller support of games

Post by Errol »

drummerboy1962 wrote:Hi guys i am new to the forum and have a question if i may ask. I have battlefield 3 which i have downloaded for the pc and wish to play with my "logitech F710 wireless gamepad" I noticd Battlefield 3 does not fully support the game pad mainly at the beginning of the game when its time for the first "interact" fight scene in the train. The game brings up the mouse pad to left click as the villan attacks you. is there a way to get the gamepad to work and have the gamepad do the scene instead of the mouse as this is the one area i am really having trouble getting the F710 gamepad to respond to.Or do i need to connect the xbox wired controller as some people say works on youtube.I am really at a loss here and have tried so many times going into the keybindings in the game. The problem is, that in the keybinding menu in battlefield 3 it ony shows settings for KEYBOARD, MOUSE, JOYSTICK. Thanls
I don't think this is the place to post your thread (me too, I have moved it. ~Primal) but I'll reply anyway to your question. To begin with if the game do have native support for the X360 controller then all you need to do is switch the "logitech F710 wireless gamepad" to an X360 by sliding the button on the back part of the controller and you'd be playing your game with an Xinput device.

On the other hand if the game is not playing natively to your controller and you need a profile to play via Xpadder then you can download a profile specially made for Battlefield 3 right here.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 18 Jul 2012, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Note about moving posts

drummerboy1962

Re: Battlefied 3 and F710

Post by drummerboy1962 »

Thanks for the reply smiley and thanks primal for moving the thread. Sorry about the origonal post going in the wrong section but sometimes i get brain dead just a little.(hehe)I went and purchased a "Power A airflo xbox 360 controller" which is wired as it will solve my sloppy performance as opposed to the Logitech f710 wireless.The battlefield 3 game supports the airflo controller in most of the game, its basically the interact left mouse option that i get which needs to be changed for the gamepad to recognize the cutscene in the train sequence at the begining of the game. I have downloaded the zip which you provided and have deleted the origional "PROF_SAVE_Profile" and replaced it with your Profile from the zip you gave me. and have checked my battlefield 3 key bindings and the joystick section in there is empty accept for 1 space.I am having trouble in step 6 importing the profile and pasting it to xpadder as i cannot get the image of my gamepad as it is unavailable.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

The controller you now presently own can use one of the X360 images available from this same website but if you still feel uncomfortable with them I can make one for you.

Importing a profile in Xpadder is very simple, all you need to is is paste the profile on the little notepad icon next to the right window.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

A controller image is actually not even necessary to paste a profile, you only need to create your layout without an image.
But I have deleted yesterday and submission that was one pixel too small (If the people would login to submit images I would send them a PM in such cases, but sadly almost nobody is logged in when submitting an image). I have download it, fixed that small issue and uploaded the new version.
http://xpadder.com/gcdb.php?command=ren ... %20Xbox360

Edit: Oh, now I see that this is actually the PS3 version with Xbox360 triggers (not even the actual ones of the controller). Where do I put this image now? :?
I have to think abut that. :lol:

drummerboy1962

Post by drummerboy1962 »

Thanks guys, i have used the ps3 version which is very similar to the xbox version anyway.Thanks again

Return to “Other questions”