Passing strings of text?

stinkytaco

Passing strings of text?

Post by stinkytaco »

Hello,

I am making an Ace of Spades profile.

Our mods are very primitive at the moment, and we have to do things like pass console commands for game play tweaks.

I want to hold the back button, and press A,B,X,Y for commands like /medkit, !tunnel, Then when i release the Back button, it passes the Enter key tap.

I just need it to mimic:
Press T key, type command, press enter key.

Thank you very much :)

I can foresee using this, so I can have a wireless remote , to pass commands to my IRC client to moderate my servers :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Passing strings of text?

Post by Primal Fear »

You need to assign a Set Selector to the Back button. "While Held" will be enough if you only use two Sets,. Alternatively you can use this While Held glitch workaround.

In the destination Set you need to open the Advanced Assignment window ("Advanced" button in the lower right corner of the Assignment window) for the desired buttons and to create a Sequence there. It would also be useful (for faster typing) to place a 0.01s Tap time slot in front of these Sequences. On the Back button, still in the destination Set, you need to assign a 0.01s Release Zone followed by the Enter key.
For more informations read this Tutorial. The profile below is a example.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button7SetSelect=1
Set2Button3Slots=TAP TIME 0.01s,T,PAUSE 0.02s,M,PAUSE 0.00s,E,PAUSE 0.00s,D,PAUSE 0.00s,K,PAUSE 0.00s,I,PAUSE 0.00s,T
Set2Button7Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Enter
Set2Button7SetSelect=0

Return to “Other questions”