Multiple Joypad being detected as same pad

PimpDaddyStu

Multiple Joypad being detected as same pad

Post by PimpDaddyStu »

It's been a while since I properly used Xpadder, this never used to be a problem in the past

I have multiple joypads (pairs of the various RetroUSB adaptors http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath ... 69d7c862f2)

While Xpadder is running if I plug Genesis controller 1 in it appears and profile 1 is loaded, I plug in Genesis controller 2 and profile 2 is loaded but Genesis controller 1 controls both device 1 and 2.

Now if I close Xpadder and open it again with both controllers connected then everything works fine. Controller 1 controls profile 1 and controller 2 controls profile 2. It only fails when the controllers are inserted and Xpadder has already been running
Last edited by PimpDaddyStu on 20 Sep 2012, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Multiple Joypad being detected as same pad

Post by Primal Fear »

I can confirm this issue using my two Dicota Beat.
Image (Although one of them isn't looking in any way like that anymore, as it became assimilated by my mouse :shifty:)

As an workaround it helps to disable "Automatically detect new Controllers" under "Options->Running" in the Xpadder settings. Now, if Xpadder is already running, you can connect all controllers and then click on the new "Detect Controllers" button next to the Settings button.
If you disconnect a controller, Xpadder will not simply use a remaining controller for the disconnected one and after reconnecting it, you can simply click on the "Detect Controllers" button.

PimpDaddyStu

Post by PimpDaddyStu »

Thanks for your suggestion but this isn't really practical for me as I have 2 N64, 2 SNES, 2 NES, 2 Genesis, Saturn and PS2 controllers. This system runs an emulator front end called GameEx. I generally use my wireless 360 pad for handiness but from time to time I like to plug in the retro controller for that authentic fell.

I have a workaround though, I have a batch file set to close and reopen Xpadder before each emulator is started. So all I need to do is make sure the right set of controllers is plugged in before I start a game and all will be fine.

So it's not a showstopper but it's something that should really be looked at sometime.

Stu

PimpDaddyStu

Post by PimpDaddyStu »

I've now tested my Genesis, NES and SNES retro controllers and it turns out this problem only affects the Genesis controller, I've also tested a older version of Xpadder from last year and the problem exists in it as well so it's not a new bug

aeroporosgr

Post by aeroporosgr »

I have this problem too any process for this problem?
For now i use a batch file like the friend above PimpDaddyStu :
taskkill /f /im xpadder.exe
k:\xpadder\xpadder.exe

Return to “Other questions”