Analog or gradient turbo?

scooterbaga

Analog or gradient turbo?

Post by scooterbaga »

Hello,

I'm trying to create an Advanced Assignment that will allow me to have an increasing rate of button presses as an analog trigger/direction is used. For example, I'd like the mouse scrolling speed to increase the further in I pull the trigger. Each Distance Zone being its own speed. I've tried a few things using Distance Zones, but nothing is really working. Is there a way to have an endlessly repeated button press and control the interval within a distance zone? Sort of like assigning different turbo speeds to a button press within a zone.

Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? If possible, could someone post an Advanced Assignment with three or four ranges that would do this?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I've tried a few searches on this, but I'm not finding anything. I'm not really sure what to search for... Thanks for your time!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Analog or gradient turbo?

Post by Primal Fear »

The profile has three scrolling speeds on the left stick and faster scrolling mode(with PageUp and PageDown)when you hold the left stick button.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Pasted Profile (Untitled profile))
Set1Button9SetSelect=1
Set1Stick1UpSlots=TAP TIME 0.05s,Mouse Wheel Up,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.11s,Mouse Wheel Up,DISTANCE ZONE 50%,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Up
Set1Stick1UpTurbo=1
Set1Stick1UpTurboRate=32
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1DownSlots=TAP TIME 0.05s,Mouse Wheel Down,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.11s,Mouse Wheel Down,DISTANCE ZONE 50%,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Stick1DownTurbo=1
Set1Stick1DownTurboRate=32
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Button9SetSelect=0
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Page Up
Set2Stick1UpTurbo=1
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Page Down
Set2Stick1DownToggle=1

scooterbaga

Post by scooterbaga »

Awesome! This will definitely get me started in the right direction.

I meant to convey this action would be performed by the trigger button. Will this setup allow me to swap out the stick for a trigger? (Aside from the stickdown/up of course.)

Thank you!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, the trigger can also be used with Distance Zones.
Here a profile that uses the triggers for scrolling, PageUp and PageDown are this time directly on the triggers too.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=TAP TIME 0.05s,Mouse Wheel Up,DISTANCE ZONE 25%,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.11s,Mouse Wheel Up,DISTANCE ZONE 35%,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Up,DISTANCE ZONE 35%,Page Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Page Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Page Up,PAUSE 0.03s,Page Up
Set1TriggerLeftTurbo=1
Set1TriggerLeftTurboRate=32
Set1TriggerLeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1TriggerRightSlots=TAP TIME 0.05s,Mouse Wheel Down,DISTANCE ZONE 25%,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.11s,Mouse Wheel Down,DISTANCE ZONE 35%,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Mouse Wheel Down,DISTANCE ZONE 35%,Page Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Page Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Page Down,PAUSE 0.03s,Page Down
Set1TriggerRightTurbo=1
Set1TriggerRightTurboRate=32
Set1TriggerRightMouseSpeed=32
If you want to integrate this into an already existing profile, have a look here.

Return to “Other questions”