Help with stick issue (movement/camera) PS3 controller using MotioninJoy DS3 driver

virodeath

Help with stick issue (movement/camera) PS3 controller using MotioninJoy DS3 driver

Post by virodeath »

I am trying to create a profile for Dark Souls and after setting the basic buttons to keyboard commands I am having an issue with the mouse look feature being attached to the movement feature.

For example:

Left stick is set to WSAD (keyboard cmds for movement) and the right stick is using the camera view of the mouse (use mouse to look around but not move you). The right stick is working as expected but when I go to use the left stick and say move forward (W key) it causes the mouse cursor to travel to the top of the screen which in turn makes the mouse look angle look to the sky. But if you only press the key "W" on the keyboard you move forward only with no camera change.

I am using the MotioninJoy DS3 interface/driver for the controller. I have it set to Playstation 3 (custom) and have set all of the rotation cmds. to "none" so the tilt axis doesn't work. It was causing a jittery pointer.

Can anyone help me out with how to fix this? If I can get this to work I will gladly post the profile for others.

Viro

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help with stick issue (movement/camera) PS3 controller using MotioninJoy DS3 driver

Post by Primal Fear »

If you select in the DS3 Tool the mode "Custom" instead of "Playstation 3", Motioninjoy will by standard emulate mouse movement on the left stick, panning on the right stick, keystrokes for A, B,C and D for the four action button, arrow keys on the Dpad and left and right muse button on the stick buttons.
I think you didn't at least change this setting for left stick up.

Basically I would recommend to forget the custom mode and to use Playstation 3.The tilt function of the controller shouldn't cause any issues as long as you didn't configure these axes in Xpadder, (see Edit:) but you can still disable it the same way like in the custom mode by clicking on "=>Options" behind Playstation 3.

Edit: The developers of Motioninjoy have released an update that changes the layout of the PS3 pad. If you have created your controller layout in Xpadder before installing the update (V0.7+), the tilt function of the PS3pad will now be on Stick2 which explains your jittery mouse problem. You can fix this by re-detecting stick2 in the Xpadder controller settings.
But there is also another problem, some button will be mixed up. You can rearrange them in the controller settings too, but that will only fix that issue for the user interface. Older profiles have to be adapted manually (at least at the moment).

Return to “Other questions”